cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing Blinds with Curtains for Warmth & Looks

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
Finally time to take down those RV Day/Night Shades and put up some curtains. Challenging without a sewing machine! My question is, how to tie back curtains when open. I installed little cup hooks along the out side edge, but I am looking for ideas to hold them open. Velcro? Paracord? I went to Fabricland and bought some narrow trim, but it fell apart.

https://youtu.be/v2H08pWAmT0
It Just Doesn't Matter Who Owns the Grass Outside our Window!
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
4 REPLIES 4

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
pennysmom09 wrote:
I also replaced the blinds with curtains. Each of our windows has a box valance so I used small tension rods in each to hold the curtains so I can slide the curtains open.

We tried that, but I guess our curtains are a bit too heavy so we mounted the curtain rods.
It Just Doesn't Matter Who Owns the Grass Outside our Window!
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used This Velcro to tie back the curtains,just wrap and it sticks to itself.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry that I am not answering the question, but I replaced the Day/Night shades with cellular blinds. Total blackout ones for the bedroom for a great nights sleep. The others are not see through but let plenty of light in when closed. You mentioned warmth and they do an excellent job of keeping the warm in as well as keeping the heat out. That's been important since we have been in Las Vegas for the last 45 days or so. 115 degrees is BAD!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
I also replaced the blinds with curtains. Each of our windows has a box valance so I used small tension rods in each to hold the curtains so I can slide the curtains open.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW