cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WINEGARD TravLer

JHblack
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up second Toy Hauler which is a 2021 XLR 43’.
Have been considering the WINEGARD TravLer SK-SWM3 system but was worried about new wholes on the topside and figured fishing the Coax would be a pain the A$$.

Anyway, installing vent covers today and saw a plate that was sealed with factory caulk but the plate said “WINEGARD coax cable located under this plate”. So now my mind is working.

Has anyone seen this from the factory?
If so, Are all of the needed coax cables under this plate?
Is it better to mount forward or aft?
Does the WINEGARD TravLer need multiple lines or a single Coax?
Is the “juice worth the squeezing ” for this product? In other words is it worth the hassle?
We currently have the WINEGARD Carryout which is OK but I’ve been told the larger system has a better chance of getting signal when the smaller unit I have does not.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
The SWM 3 requires one coax and one control cable to operate the disk mech.
I would pull that plate and see what's there. Redwood installed the control cable and two coaxes, one for living room and one for bedroom from the Factory.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the SWM 3 Winegard only needs one coax That’s all that’s required at our stick and bricks, the same box for the house works on the RV. We’ve had our Winegard for over 4 years now and love it! I do however carry and extra dish for when we get stuck in the trees (which doesn’t happen very often). We try to request a “satellite friendly” site.

BTW you will need a power inserter for the SWM dish to work with your box.

Dan

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I have wireless Genies and don't use the coax cables. Every TV can watch a different channel.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
My Wineguard (shaw direct) needs a coax for every receiver and it uses 2 just for the PVR but can be done with 1
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the Wingard myself. Cut a 1 inch hole in the roof and fed two cables into an interior wall. Pretty easy stuff. Sounds like your new trailer has made things easy for you. Hardest part of the job, for me, was getting that heavy antennae up onto the roof. You can pretty much mount the antennae where you want but it sounds like your trailer may already have a reinforced place for it.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE