Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: How about a RGV update
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

 > How about a RGV update

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
tomman58

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/12/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 10/11/20 08:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your post seems totally unscientific and self centered at best. Plenty of RVers are affected by this virus and our friends in Canada also cannot enjoy much rving this winter without risk. Till there is a vaccine that is endorsed by the scientists then we will hunker down. Some people think that being safe is overkill but until you know someone that dies from this be it friend or family...shut up.


2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

TomG2

Central Illinois

Senior Member

Joined: 03/07/2004

View Profile



Posted: 10/11/20 08:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Haven't heard from my classmate since Friday. She is probably dying a cold lonely death in a northern Illinois hospital. As she lays there drowning in her own fluids, I will text her how foolish she is to be scared of Covid because some guy on the Internet said it was not anything to worry about. People who don't fear it should gather in large groups, far away from those of us who think that prudence and hygiene are reasonable responses to this crazy nasty disease.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

Senior Member

Joined: 08/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 10/11/20 09:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

The chance of you coming down with Covid19 and dying is lower than the chances of being killed in a vehicle accident on the way to an RV park.


Do you wear a seatbelt?


Yes, but a seat belt does not rule my life just the same as a virus is not going to.


In a ‘typical’ year some 38,000 people are killed in car crashes and another 3 million or so are injured.

This is NOT a typical year by any stretch of the imagination and it’s only 3/4 over. So far 214,000 people have died and 7.75 million people have been very sick.

That 5.6 times the number of dead ....... so far........ and 2.5 times the number of ‘injured’ .... so far .........

You are unfortunately, I believe, correct with your assessment of coming bread lines and soup kitchens, but it will be solely because the virus was encouraged to spread by reckless behaviour and attitudes.

Dadio24

TEXAS

Senior Member

Joined: 11/19/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/11/20 01:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are plenty of news articles (with real facts and some not real statements), plenty of medical resources and plenty of medical recommendations to substantiate your individual opinions. Politics should not be part of this discussion. Each individual has the right to their own health and safety without being offended that others do not concur.





GDS-3950BH

DC

Senior Member

Joined: 12/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/11/20 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

Your post seems totally unscientific and self centered at best. Plenty of RVers are affected by this virus and our friends in Canada also cannot enjoy much rving this winter without risk. Till there is a vaccine that is endorsed by the scientists then we will hunker down. Some people think that being safe is overkill but until you know someone that dies from this be it friend or family...shut up.


The vaccine you're hunkered down waiting for will most likely be 50 to 60% effective at best and will need reformulated every season as this virus mutates, just the same as all other related viruses. Then what?

As far as shutting up....No!

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 09/17/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/11/20 02:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unfortunately, the U.S./Mexico border is still very porous with people crossing back and forth for supposed "essential" travel. Americans and Mexicans who are residents of either side are crossing, workers, health workers, Mexicans with medical problems who are authorized to cross and those that know the thousands of border crossing guards that use their own criteria to let friends and family cross.

It's almost like a cross-contamination case. Both the U.S. and Mexico have the highest COVID death rates.

Live your lives as you wish, but this will only take longer. 1918 taught us a valuable lesson about pandemics; it takes about three years, people have some strange phobia of wearing a mask in public and social distancing. I believe it is an arrogance factor tempered by politics on both sides of the border. Mexico's president refuses to wear a mask and he could be next.

Mother Nature is doing her thing and viruses do have a purpose in the process. However, we can avoid a lot of it but people just don't like to be told what to do. Something silly about their rights and liberties. Nonsense.


2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

TomG2

Central Illinois

Senior Member

Joined: 03/07/2004

View Profile



Posted: 10/11/20 02:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The President proved in the last two weeks that it is a hoax. GDS along with Rush are correct. Not going to prove anything to them but I wish they could talk to my buddy's daughter.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

Senior Member

Joined: 10/30/2015

View Profile



Posted: 10/11/20 02:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

JaxDad wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

The chance of you coming down with Covid19 and dying is lower than the chances of being killed in a vehicle accident on the way to an RV park.


Do you wear a seatbelt?


Yes, but a seat belt does not rule my life just the same as a virus is not going to.


In a ‘typical’ year some 38,000 people are killed in car crashes and another 3 million or so are injured.

This is NOT a typical year by any stretch of the imagination and it’s only 3/4 over. So far 214,000 people have died and 7.75 million people have been very sick.

That 5.6 times the number of dead ....... so far........ and 2.5 times the number of ‘injured’ .... so far .........

You are unfortunately, I believe, correct with your assessment of coming bread lines and soup kitchens, but it will be solely because the virus was encouraged to spread by reckless behaviour and attitudes.


How true.
The US has approx 5% of the world population and close to 25% of the world wide fatal cases. I wonder why it's that way. [emoticon]

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/11/20 05:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The US land border is still closed to Canadians so the only snowbirds going south will be those who fly. On the 21st of October they will be updating the timeline. My guess is sometimes in the new year. We are hunkering down for the winter regardless of wether the border opens. We’ll wait for the vaccine or better treatment options before we travel again. A couple of months in Spain around February would have been nice though.

BarbaraOK

On The Road

Senior Member

Joined: 10/27/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/11/20 07:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

Your post seems totally unscientific and self centered at best. Plenty of RVers are affected by this virus and our friends in Canada also cannot enjoy much rving this winter without risk. Till there is a vaccine that is endorsed by the scientists then we will hunker down. Some people think that being safe is overkill but until you know someone that dies from this be it friend or family...shut up.


The vaccine you're hunkered down waiting for will most likely be 50 to 60% effective at best and will need reformulated every season as this virus mutates, just the same as all other related viruses. Then what?

As far as shutting up....No!


So you would have been ok with 2-3 million people dying? Because that is what would have happened if nothing had been done to slow down the spread and get people to take just a few basic steps, like wearing a mask, washing hands, not going to bars, etc. Arizona was able to reduce number of infections by 75% by mandating masks, closing bars/gyms, and doing more testing. A small uptick since schools started, but looks like it is returning to a downward trend.

Yes, later year vaccines will be better than what comes first - that is true for ALL vaccines. And the length of time one has immunity differs from virus to virus. Do not assume that this is anything like the flu viruses. It is different. And the transmission of this virus is on the order of the measles/smallpox, where a sneeze will linger in the air and infect people for a long period of time.


Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ">
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog


This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

 > How about a RGV update
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.