cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grrocery Delivery in Yuma?

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used grocery delivery from, say, Walmart in the Fortuna Foothills? I think it would be a good way to avoid covid-19 exposure. If you have, how reliable is it?
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
19 REPLIES 19

roaminaround
Explorer
Explorer
Take all the precautions you can. We have been in Yuma since Dec 1. We shop in stores but are careful. Yuma county has a population of 215,00. They have just passed the 40,000 mark in cases and closing in on 500 deaths. Itโ€™s definitely a hot spot.
2019 Rockwood 2608BS
2018 Ford F250 6.7 diesel
2006 Fish Rite 18' Yamaha 115 and T8

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
WallyMart is fast to being your order to your car. Fry's is slow. Much happier with WallyMart.

I would not trust food prepared by an unknown person

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
My friend lives in Yuma. His wife has been making amazing food for sale!!! If i lived closer i would buy some. Not sure the deal but good chance they could deliver in a safe covid friendly way.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Devoe Ranch Delicacies!!!

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
You can do curbside pickup at both Walmart and Frys in the Foothills. You can also try Instacart to get groceries delivered from Frys.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
We use to use Schwans, but they have gotten so expensive, plus they don't really have a selection of heart/kidney friendly meals. (low fat/salt).

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
Schwans just shut down in the Yuma area.

I heard they were shutting down in the Rio Grande Valley too.
pawatt

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Schwans just shut down in the Yuma area.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
That would be Schwan's. Expensive but really good.

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
One other option that we used in the Yuma foothills a few years ago was that company that drives around the area with a frozen food truck, forgotten the name, but we have a similar store service in Canada M&M's, it reduces the interaction with people and the food is good.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
x2 think about how guys handled your stuff before it got to your door.

I'm now on a first name basis with the fellow at the Safeway near us, he does the picking for me, I'm always there very early to pick up, he is careful about substitutions, etc. We were stranded here all summer because of health reasons and only about 4 times I have ventured in a store, usually to get just something that only they carry (FODY products at Sprouts). I alternate between Frys (Kroger) and Safeway and find that it works for us. When I get home, I wipe down containers, etc., before storing them. And doing it this way our food costs have gone down because there is no 'impulse' purchases on my part. Plus during the pandemic, neither store is charging a surcharge for pickup like they were before the lockdowns.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
.....we love NOT going into grocery stores, and haven't since mid March. Forget that we are saving 2 hours a week, and not to mention avoiding a public place that has maybe ~4000 people in the store over any 24 hour period...

...think about it: going into the store: some shelf jockey has to stock the shelves; at check-out, the revolving cashiers touch every item in your basket....spinning it round and round in their hands to position the bar-code scan azimuth/zenith.

I vote for sending my order to the store by Internet, and picking it up at the special grocery store parking area for pick-up....safely outside the store. Who knows how many individuals "touched" your food whether you go in-store, or not ๐Ÿ˜‰
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 think about how guys handled your stuff before it got to your door.