Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: And off we go
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today we leave for a 17 day trip. Tonopah Nevada is our first stop (boondocking). Then we head towards the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Somewhere along the route we will visit Arches, Canyonland, Bryce and Zion, each for a couple of days. We then head towards Phoenix to visit a daughter and our grand children (how fast the grow up). From there it's off to Vegas then Kingman Arizona to see the other daughters and grand children. On the way home, we'll drive through Death Valley, and boondock for a day. There are couple more of days of boondocking squeezed in there....I just can't remember when or where. We decided to do this trip again, just to refresh our memories. It's been 20+ years since we've been to these fabulous parks.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Enjoy your trip. [emoticon]

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you boondocking on the North Rim? There are some spectacular spots out on the Rainbow Rim in the Kaibab National Forest. This blog post may be of interest:

Zion and Rainbow Rim

Good luck, and stay safe!!

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/20 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've read that Zion and Moab are more crowded than usual for this time of year. I hope you have your reservations made.

Mike G.
--for now, using a cargo trailer for camping--
Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjamin Franklin
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

2edgesword

New York

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/20 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Enjoy the trip!

donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/20 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

the north rim closes the 15th so get there soon as much to see and do

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/20 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tomorrow is the end of out 17 gay trip. We added a night in Lee Vining California. We had a tire separate in Kanab Utah. Luckily one of the teo tire shops within 100 miles had a D rated tire we installed a s a spare. I have over 17,000 miles on these tires this year. The next day the shower pan cracked. Luckily I had some Eternabond tape on board to patch it until I order and install a new one. It's held up good for almost two weeks. Then the third problem....the upper radiator hose on my 2000 F350 was sliced by my serpentine belt. Someone had installed the wrong hose. I never noticed just how close that hose was to that belt. That happened in Page Arizona....no man's land. Again, luck struck. An Autozone had ONE hose left. $38 later, we were off again.

My wife and the two 15# mutts are pretty anxious about tomorrow. King size bed vs this short queen. 3,000 sqft house vs a 27' 5th wheel. And, best of all for my wife.... a real shower to wash her hair. Me? I could go either way.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.