cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mystery plug in Damon Astoria.

btilfan
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me what this is for? It's in the storage bin directly behind the passenger side wheel well. the bin also contains the cable input jack.

2007 Damon Astoria Pacifica
My next hobby.
10 REPLIES 10

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Could be a plug for a power awning?
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

btilfan
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
Here is the Manual with wiring diagrams. Doug

1. Passenger side. WHERE? Front or rear wheel well? VERY rare to have a Cable INPUT on Passenger side. Usually the passenger side has a Antenna/Cable OUTPUT for connecting a TV to watch under the awning. Especially on your year model.
2. IF the Cable plug is just a coax threaded AND NO PHONE PLUG IN, then that coax is an output. the Cable/Phone input is on the same plate. Usually either the Shore cord comp or the Water utility compartment. Doug

sorry doug, I miss spoke that is the cable outlet plug in that same bin. but it's the 6 prong plug that I can't find an answer to. does not list it anywhere in the manual.

https://recreationalvehicles.info/2007-thor-damon-astoria-owners-manual/2007-thor-damon-astoria-owne...
My next hobby.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Here is the Manual with wiring diagrams. Doug

1. Passenger side. WHERE? Front or rear wheel well? VERY rare to have a Cable INPUT on Passenger side. Usually the passenger side has a Antenna/Cable OUTPUT for connecting a TV to watch under the awning. Especially on your year model.
2. IF the Cable plug is just a coax threaded AND NO PHONE PLUG IN, then that coax is an output. the Cable/Phone input is on the same plate. Usually either the Shore cord comp or the Water utility compartment. Doug

https://recreationalvehicles.info/2007-thor-damon-astoria-owners-manual/2007-thor-damon-astoria-owne...

btilfan
Explorer
Explorer
I can't find the other end of it. Damon was bought by Thor. I can't find anything on the Thor website. Hoping to find a Damon Astoria group.
My next hobby.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Why don't you call the manufacturer?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will go with it has to do with an option you don't have.
Standard practice is to make one wiring harness. And then just use the wires needed for the options you have. This it seems is cheaper than makign 40-leven different harnesses depending on the options you want.

OR so they tell me.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
newman fulltimer wrote:
Its 12 volt for a secondary heater

If so, why would it have 6 pins and not be amidships? I think the OP needs to contac Damon and find out what options were available that they do not have. Doug

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Its 12 volt for a secondary heater

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depending on the options available for your model, that plug may simply be an extra for one of those options that your coach does not have. Wire looms are made for every available option but not all those options are put on every coach. I would check for power on each wire and if one is found to be hot, I'd cap it off so that you won't have a short somewhere.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG