Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Up grading my Class C
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Up grading my Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/21 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You could look into the RENTAL MARKET there you will find something newer and in your budget range,well maintained and solid.

More than 135 members here have made that choice and are happy with it.

It is a long thread but very informative and if you have any other questions that wasn't covered just ask and you will get an answer.

Good Luck in your search.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

klutchdust

Orange, California

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/21 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stick with what you have. It's not old and that drivetrain will go 300K miles, easily. Buying a used vehicle can be buying someone else headache. You know what you have, stick with it.
If you need to upgrade some things in the house like furniture, appliances etc, you will be waaaay ahead with what you have.

DRTDEVL

SPAM Town, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/21 05:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JaxDad wrote:

Vic65 wrote:

Hello, I currently have a 2002 Minnie Winnie Class C 31ft with 79,000. I love this rig however its getting old.

Old?

My C is a 1995 with nearly 200,000 on it. The house is the weak part of these things, the chassis is a well-proven unit designed to go 500,000 miles or more.

Old?

My C is a 1980 with nearly 30,000 miles on it (I know, it was parked for 20 years straight). I am just about done replacing the entire interior (reupholster, new appliances, upgraded electronics, etc). The chassis is solid as can be, 42 years after manufacture.

Resurrecting an inherited 1980 Minnie Winnie 20RG from the dead after sitting since 1998..

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/21 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did the same thing. Sold our well loved no issues that I knew of with some rear body damage that I waterproofed. It was a 2003 Itasca Spirit 22e with 55000 miles. I had used eternabond on all the roof seams and around all the light openings and the tape was still in good shape 10 years later. Our reasoning was getting a larger unit with more sleeping space. We love to take our grandkids and their parents with us. We did find a 2018 former rental with just over 50000 miles in your price range. Bought it in late March listed near us on RV Trader. It’s a 25b and I don’t see any decline in coach quality. Nice hardwood cabinet fronts same stove, toilet quality, a bit nicer faucets than ours had and had replaced. Bigger tv of course and a rear bed with space for another tv. I plan to keep this one at least another decade. Maybe we were just really lucky.

2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Up grading my Class C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.