cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting ready for winter

bcew99
Explorer
Explorer
We’re is the water pump located on most toy haulers?
6 REPLIES 6

bcew99
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks followed the sound and found it under the bathroom sink??

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
I have noted in my experience with many RVs that the pump sometimes can be located between the water tank and the closest faucet or hot water heater.
Running the water faucet with the pump on will activate the pump which may give you some audible clues as the the location of the pump.
When all else fails, follow the pipes. The pipes never lie.

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Fifth Wheel, the water tank is in the back, the pump is located in the front side compartment above the sewer drain outlet and such, near the fresh water inlet. The pump sits on the wall between the compartment and the front compartment where the batteries are stored. Mine is really out in the open as far as finding it. It is also next to the fresh water filter.

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Should be right behind the panel where your fresh water hookups are. Usually has a small screen/filter that must be removed during winter else it will freeze and crack

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
In most RVs, they are generally located close to the fresh water tank. Minimal length of suction required.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

dedmiston
I don't think there's a standard place, since the layout is different between bumper pulls and fifth wheels. It should be near your kitchen & bathroom.

Hopefully your pump is loud enough to give you a ballpark idea though.

Our last bumper pull toy hauler had the pump in one of the kitchen cabinets. It was loud and very easy to find and access.

Our current fifth wheel has a quieter pump and it's harder to get to. You have to remove a panel beside the kitchen sink to get it, or go on a long crawl from the front cargo hold after removing the partition panel.

Long story short though, I don't think there's a standard location for the pump.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230