Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ford 6L diesel in the news again
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford 6L diesel in the news again

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/20 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ford owners be butt hurt....again.
Like said earlier , this is completely old news.
All vehicles are the best thing since beer in a can some days and complete junk others.
Only thing is, the bluelaid drinkers have the most blind loyalty it seems.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/20 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I bought my X in 06 I really wanted the 6.0. But I came across A very clean low mile V-10. Glad I did. This was before all the problems of the 6.0 were evident. The V-10 never left me stranded and made it up the mountains just as easily as the diesel did. I’ll take a few less mpg over being stuck in the middle of no where!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/20 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

I’d love to follow him up Vantage hill and see what he considers a dream!

And Cabbage hill too!

At least Vantage hill is mostly straight. Cabbage hill require me to slow way down going around the hairpin turns.

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2018 Timber Ridge 24RLS (bought pre-owned 3/12/20, sold 7/28/20)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/20 09:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

you know I think I know about 20 people whi had 6L and the only ones that ever had issues were the ones that "tuned" the engines, the guys that left them stock love them.

Steve

Mine was bone stock and it was a high maintenance POS. After thousands in repairs, both warranty and out of pocket we still had a truck that we were afraid to take far from home. I tried to sell it, no luck. I had a very tough time finding anyone to take it on trade; finally found a dealer who would when I bought the truck in my signature new. I made the change and have absolutely no regrets. Ford didn’t spend $1B in warranty repairs on the 6.0L because it was a good engine....

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/20 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

When I bought my X in 06 I really wanted the 6.0. But I came across A very clean low mile V-10. Glad I did. This was before all the problems of the 6.0 were evident. The V-10 never left me stranded and made it up the mountains just as easily as the diesel did. I’ll take a few less mpg over being stuck in the middle of no where!

Yep, the V10 is a bulletproof workhorse! [emoticon]

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/20 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

The V10 is a great motor and a workhorse.
Unfortunately it's not a diesel.

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/20 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

blofgren wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

I’ll correct that for you. Fortunately, it not a diesel!

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/20 09:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am another happy 6.0 PSD owner. 10 years and over 125k miles when I sold it to get a larger truck. Not all were bad, but the ones that failed were expensive to fix. My Ford dealers were much better than my Ram dealers - I have little trust in FCA and double check all their work even though I am happy with the truck.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/17/20 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

^ Ya Shiner, but “your” story isn’t near as dramatic and flashy.....
I love just listening to people talk who don’t know a muffler bearing from blinker fluid!

Just last night at sons hockey practice, one of the dads is braggin up his new 38’ TT that he bought last week.
Basically he got one upped by another dad who bought a peenis enlarging 5ver and towed it to the last tourney and “saved money” by not staying in the hotel (for one night, 700 mile round trip...lol). But I digress...
Dad with the new TT, he and the other dude are “camping” this weekends tournament in Boise, cause a $48 RV spot is cheaper than the hotel.... He11 I ran the numbers and it was break even driving the TC over there compared to 3 nights hotel and taking the SRT. Plus with the car I can get to Boise in about 2 hours quicker.
Asked him how it tows (his tow rig is a tundra with about a 8” lift and brodozer wheels, biguns like 37 15.50s or something). He said “great, towed like a dream, still got 15 mpg too.”
I’d love to follow him up Vantage hill and see what he considers a dream!
He’s a dumb arse btw. Nice guy but...wears bedazzled Western jeans and he’s a city slicker.

And cross the river with the wind ................
[image]

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/20 10:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Lantley wrote:

blofgren wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

I’ll correct that for you. Fortunately, it not a diesel!

That's Funny I never thought of it that way!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford 6L diesel in the news again
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.