Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ford 6L diesel in the news again
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford 6L diesel in the news again

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

My brother-in-law has a tuned 2005 6.0L, but his is bulletproofed putting out about 400hp at the wheels.

he must have done a lot more work than just tuning then, 400 hp at the engine was the point where they would stat blowing head gaskets because of the week head studs. I have a few of my friends who have hopped up 6L but they have done a lot of work to make sure they dont have issues.

Steve

Hence the reason why I said it was bulletproofed which included headstands among many other things.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"This is the outside edge of the drivers seat at 315,000 miles. I did have the side panel replaced at about 300,000 miles, but the seat surface is original."

My Son has my 98 12V with well over 400k and the interior still looks great (same material as yours) and the dash is not even cracked!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

A lot of people still don't understand the importance of customer service or why Tesla developed a near fanatical following. My son had an issue with his Tesla and scheduled an appointment online to have it looked at. Thirty minutes later he got a notification that it has been fixed and there was no need to bring the car in. I have a software issue with my 2016 Ford and it seems that neither my dealer or Ford care. Either that or they just don't have any power to do anything about it. It used to be that you could appeal to a factory rep for help with problems but my dealer tells me that those are long gone.

Ford makes a good product most of the time but just making it isn't enough and never has been. They need to ensure that the customer enjoys the ownership experience too.

And you get to pay 200% more for a comparable car with a Tesla. I’d hope the service is better. This is like bragging about how much better the steak is at the Chop House vs the Sizzler....

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

ksss

Eastern Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 10:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always found it interesting that some would run without being "Bulletproofed" and others, totally stock couldn't stay out of the shop. No apparent differences, just that some worked and some don't and never did. It's handling was a huge fail by FORD and did more for Dodge/Ram and GM in selling their trucks than they ever did on their own. Yet many of those who were bitten hard by their 6.0 bought 6.4's hoping their luck would change only to be bitten again (some say worse)than they were with the 6.0. You have to appreciate how powerful the Ford truck name is to its buyers. After all of this, they still sell more diesel pickups than does the other two. FCA and GM would love to have that level of product loyalty.

2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford 6L diesel in the news again
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.