cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hot water heater

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 2010 keystone outback. in the past when we turned on the electric to our hot water heater we would get a red light come on in the inside of camper. today when we turned the same switch on we have no red light, will we still have electric to the element? or will the light need to be on?
11 REPLIES 11

jpmyers
Explorer
Explorer
I stopped beating that dead horse years ago. It's a common, though agravating mistake many people make, INCLUDING "Industry Professionals" I realized there are far larger issues around to occupy my time.
Jerry & Pamela
2020 Highland Ridge Silverstar ST324RLS-38' TT
2020 Silverado 1500 w/Max Haul package & Airlift bags.

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. i will remember the remarks. maybe someday we can all be as smart as you?

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
Flan wrote:
Water heater.

I opened this thread NOT because I was interested in the topic, but just to see if somebody would have to tell the poster that it is a WATER HEATER.
Thank goodness I was not disappointed.

Jesseannie

jpmyers
Explorer
Explorer
On our Silverstone, our panel has three rocker switches with internal lights for Gas, Electric and Water Pump. The light is on only when the switch is turned on. Should that light not come on as described, the first and cheapest thing to check would be the light inside that switch.

Only the Gas rocker switch has an additional light for indicating a fault in the gas portion of the water heater. If that one comes on, that's when we have a problem.
Jerry & Pamela
2020 Highland Ridge Silverstar ST324RLS-38' TT
2020 Silverado 1500 w/Max Haul package & Airlift bags.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
do you have both switches on for electric, there is one on my Keystone at the hot water heater its self and one on the controle pannel. if I dont have both on then no red electric light.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Flan
Explorer
Explorer
Water heater.
Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Well the light must be on to get power to the element. once the light came on hot water in about 15 minutes.

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
gdweb wrote:
light could be out. leave it on and see if water heats up. quicker way would be to use a volt meter to the leads of the element and check voltage.

Easier said than done if the "element" is buried on the lower backside of the HWH like my Atwood.

My red light means fault.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Had the same problem. Light was Burned Out.
But to answer your question. Might be a more serious issue but odds are Light is burned out.

On mine the light is powered BY THE SWITCH it is not operated by the heater control computer.. It is simply the ON light for the switch.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Usually the red light is only supposed to come on if in gas mode and it fails to ignite.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

gdweb
Explorer
Explorer
light could be out. leave it on and see if water heats up. quicker way would be to use a volt meter to the leads of the element and check voltage.
SEMPER FI

Gary & Diane
Ky
2020 F250 King Ranch 6.7l FX4
2013 Sundance 3270res