cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sliding patio doors

pjs1660
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a trailer with a sliding patio door? If so have you had any problems with it or how do you like it? We're looking at upgrading and like a couple that have patio doors, my wife feels that they could be prone to breaking while traveling, any comments, or experiences? Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Patio doors are usually found on destination trailers. Or park model TTโ€™s.
Make certain you arenโ€™t looking at either. They donโ€™t have very large holding tanks, and very little CCC!

Not so !

Ours is a regular travel trailer and where we bought it had lots of trailers in the 30' and above range with patio doors

Guy

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Patio doors are usually found on destination trailers. Or park model TTโ€™s.
Make certain you arenโ€™t looking at either. They donโ€™t have very large holding tanks, and very little CCC!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Can you easily exit via the sliding door? If no, I wouldnโ€™t consider it.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
We have a patio door on our 37 foot Forest River and really like it.
When we did our original walk through, the tech pointed out to us that it was out of whack and needed to be adjusted, which they did. He said most of then are like that.
We have not had any problems, but I imagine if you did a lot of driving over rough or bumpy roads you could have problems.

Guy