no Can/US border opening for a long time

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
30 REPLIES 30

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Without getting too political, Justin does not like Trump!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Trump may not have much to say about it after november, who knows

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Somewhat depends on our election.
Full article clicky

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
The US border might open sooner than you think.
https://www.nationalnewswatch.com/2020/10/18/trudeau-and-trump-are-worlds-apart-on-the-canada-u-s-border-closure/#.X4xXKVOvDqs

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Gas. There is a thread somewhere about the amount of Canadian snowbirds and how many millions of dollars are spent. The state of Florida will miss the taxes. This could become a long term problem as Snowbirds decide to not have anything permanent outside of Canada.

Tinbangertom
Explorer
Explorer
Hey GDS-3950BH, feel bad for the state of Florida and Arizona. The lack of our Canadian $ plus 30% is going to felt hard in those two states. They will miss us even if you don't. I've been a part time snow bird for 2 winters now and will miss spending my time and money in Florida. It is so unfortunate that people are stupid and careless anywhere in the world. Tiawan has proven wearing a mask and social distancing works. They had unfortunately learned a huge lesson when H1N1 hit them hard years ago. They are winning in the fight against Covid-19. I guess the world is just like our children, don't learn from our mistakes, they have to figure it out on their own.

Laura
:h Tom
:Z Laura
2020 Momentum 29G
2015 Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
BarbaraOK wrote:
Flying you leave point A and get to point B. If you are infected, then the spread is limited to point B, and once symptoms begin hopefully you stay quarantined until you recover.

Driving, it is A to B to C to D, etc., leaving a trail of virus behind. Like the spread after Sturgis - - people going all over the country. And if you get ill along the way, chances are you will keep going to get to where you can isolate and care for yourself.

If you are traveling to see the local airport, sure.

If you are actually traveling for realistic purposes, not so much.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
china is now offering a vaccine for about $60 s shot

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-china-54582150

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila wrote:
Yesterday Wisconsin had 7700 new Covid cases. BC had 147. The population of both is between 5 & 6 million. I dont think the US/Canada border will be opening any time soon. As far as flying is concerned, I suspect they will be rapid testing by year end. IF they can do a 15 min test in the departure lounge it would make flying much safer. That along with an N95 mask (which I have), I may, just may, get on a plane. I do have to try and get to Puerto Vallarta for about 3 days to handle soem immigration paperwork before eteh end of Feb. If possible.

And the easy solution is to simply avoid the virus infested USA at all costs.....perhaps forever. Not sure why any Canadian citizen would ever want to visit, or God forbid buy real estate in such a bad virus overrun country. We're stacking the bodies in reefer trucks. Stay home, we won't miss you.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is what I believe is still in effect.
Alaska travel

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
As far as I can tell,the above two posts are incorrect. As of Oct 2,2020 restrictions can be found at Restrictions updated Oct 2 A close read seems to show that tourist travel into Canada or through Canada directly to Alaska is not allowed at this time. In addition, non-Alaskan residents entering Alaska are required to have a negative Covid test before arrival and a second test at $250 a pop after arrival (non-residents) regardless of how you travel. The second test in Alaska is free for returning residents.

Reisender. . . Thank you for that reply. Unfortunately, we are planning for 2021 now. This will be our 10th trip up for the summer and we're starting to get low on fish and shrimp.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Currently with document, you can cross through Canada to and from Alaska by the most direct route. You must enter at certain points of entre. You must stay on that route and meet time requirements. Very hard to do in an RV!

That's my understanding, too - it you dawdle or wander off the most direct route - it will be the most expensive trip you ever took ๐Ÿ˜ž
Steep Fine
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Currently with document, you can cross through Canada to and from Alaska by the most direct route. You must enter at certain points of entre. You must stay on that route and meet time requirements. Very hard to do in an RV!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
pigman1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Right now the border is closed to that kind of travel. If you are referring to next summer I would think the chances are good that it will be open.

JMHO
Guess, hope, or have you seen something official?

Guess and Hope. No one is planning that far out yet. My guessing and hoping involves a vaccine, maybe better treatments, hopefully a drop in the mortality rate in the USA. Who knows.

Jmho.