Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Good Sam Insurance: Claim Problem
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Insurance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Insurance

> Claim Problem

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
farmock

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/20 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just received notice from General Insurance that they will not cover a portion of my claim number 2001126039. While traveling home from FL last spring, the wheel nuts loosened and the wheel came off after all studs broke off of the hub. In addition to the other damage, my repair facility strongly advised that the hub should be replaced because of all the stress from the final studs breaking off. Although there was no visible damage there was a likelihood that there could be damage not visible to the naked eye. The price of the the hub was $135 which was a very minor portion of the whole claim. Further, my fifth wheel weighs 7-1/2 Ton and I am not willing to face the risk of a catastrophe for $135 and I cannot understand why the insurance would not cover that amount considering the risk involved. If this cost is not covered I will be shopping for a different insurance carrier.

Lwiddis

near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/20 10:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"my repair facility strongly advised that the hub should be replaced..."

Apparently not enough for GI. Are they claiming you overtightened the nuts? No visible damage was probably the key to their decision.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rr2254545

Central Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/20 10:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is not even close to a covered item - that is a maintenance or lack of problem

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee, Air Force One, Blue Ox Avail tow bar
374 Campgrounds,85K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 1858 nights camping since we retired in July 2009

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/20 10:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As explained by the insurance agent once to me. If your refrigerator malfunctions and set your RV on fire they will pay for the damage caused by the refrigerator, but not for the refrigerator. Refrigerator malfunction was a maintenance or warranty issue not a damage issue.

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/20 12:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello farmock,

Thank you for your time and post, we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please provide your contact and policy number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Thank you,
Good Sam Customer Care Team

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/20 08:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You mentioned that the wheel nuts loosened --- how frequently do you check the tightness of the lugs? This should be a frequent process for all of us. Wheel nuts just don't loosen and fail instantaneously ... it takes a little bit of deferred maintenance to cause such an event. I think $135 out of my pocket would be a very small price to pay for the lesson learned.

Happy travels -- Stay safe.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/20 06:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Insurance

> Claim Problem
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Insurance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.