cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone here remember the Toy Hauler Rallies?

dedmiston
Next month makes 16 years since our first RV.NET Toy Hauler Rally out at Dove Springs.

How many people here made it to those rallies?

I think we had four official rallies before the BML shut us down for being too big (200+ attendees). We were informed that we needed permits for gatherings that large, and they also told us we needed to supply porta potties, even though everyone there had their own sanitary facilities inside their RVs.

So the Rallies were cancelled and the "Notta Rally" series was born, where we all coincidentally showed up at the same spot for Veterans Day weekend and there was no designated leader or Poker Run. ("Welcome to the Notta Rally. This is not a rally.")

Those were great days and great ways to meet so many people. We still camp in huge groups together, but our trips are just trips and nobody ever uses the "Rally" word anymore, except when we happen to camp at the original rally site, which we still call The Rally Site.

It's amazing to see how many of those friendships have lasted over the years. I miss the days when people planned their trips here on the forum and shared all their trip reports first thing Monday morning.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230
8 REPLIES 8

dedmiston
N-Trouble wrote:
No

I camp to get AWAY from people...

Thanks, Mr. Happy.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
No

I camp to get AWAY from people...
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

dedmiston
deltabravo wrote:
At the time, IRV2 was the only RV forum that had a toy hauler section.

One of my favorite members here was one of the mods on the IRV2 Toy Hauler forum. Do you remember WWFan? Heck of a great guy. Picture Brian Doyle-Murray with a snoot full of scotch.

He was very active here for a long time, and then he faded off into the Hooligan site.

He was the one with the huge sound setup. The wives in camp didn't love him as much as the men did, because he'd keep the party going until 3:00 am every night. I'd go to bed wondering how I'd ever fall asleep, and then I'd wake up at some point and wonder who killed the tunes.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
I remember them, never went to one because i had my own group of about 8 families that camped together. Now we are down to 2 families, bring on the Notta Rally
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
dedmiston wrote:
It seems like a lifetime ago when there was no Toy Hauler forum. Having all of us trying to mix in with the gen pop was bad times indeed.

I does seem like forever ago.

At the time, IRV2 was the only RV forum that had a toy hauler section.

There very few RV companies building toy haulers back then.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

dedmiston
deltabravo wrote:
dedmiston wrote:
the BML

Do you mean BLM?

Hah. Yeah, that's the one.

deltabravo wrote:
I remember reading here about the rallies back when RV.net finally got with the program and added the Toy Hauler forum area here.

I had a 2003 Desert Fox 21SW at the time.

It seems like a lifetime ago when there was no Toy Hauler forum. Having all of us trying to mix in with the gen pop was bad times indeed.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Y-Guy
Always wanted to go, just a bit far of a haul from Eastern WA!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
dedmiston wrote:
the BML

Do you mean BLM?

I remember reading here about the rallies back when RV.net finally got with the program and added the Toy Hauler forum area here.

I had a 2003 Desert Fox 21SW at the time.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator