cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost found a truck

LanceRKeys
Explorer
Explorer
I’m not really looking for a truck, but I was driving by the ford dealership and noticed a gas truck, so I pulled in to check it out. Long bed, check; crew cab, check; cloth seats, check; vinyl floors, check; 7.3, check; 4.30 check; F350..... nope. If it was a 350, I would have really been impressed, but for some reason it’s a 250.

Oh well, guess I’ll keep driving my old truck.
16 REPLIES 16

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
rjstractor wrote:
Edd505 wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Edd505 wrote:
LanceRKeys wrote:
I’m not really looking for a truck, but I was driving by the ford dealership and noticed a gas truck, so I pulled in to check it out. Long bed, check; crew cab, check; cloth seats, check; vinyl floors, check; 7.3, check; 4.30 check; F350..... nope. If it was a 350, I would have really been impressed, but for some reason it’s a 250.

Add the 350 spring pack and you have a F350, re badge it and no one will know unless they check the vin.

I believe the rear axle is also bigger on the F350.

We had a heck of a time finding our truck. Luckily my friend is a dealer in MD. Had what we wanted and bought it over the phone. But we looked for almost 2 mos solid within a 4 hr radius.

Obviously not Ford guy, you need to do some reading. https://dustrunnersauto.com/f250-vs-f350/

The aforementioned article was written over four years ago, so it does not necessarily apply to new trucks today. It certainly applied to my 2000 F250, which thanks to its Camper package it is identical to the same year F350. One thing I picked up on Ford's website is that apparently the gas F250 use a six speed Torqshift-G transmission while all F350s have the 10 speed. Even if every other nut and bolt were identical that alone would be reason enough to get a F350.

From the SuperDuty build site: "All Super Duty® models (except the 6.2L V8 F-250) now feature a new standard Ford TorqShift® 10-speed automatic transmission".

So only the 6.2 comes with a 6 speed and the 7.3 F250 the op was looking at had a 10 speed.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Edd505 wrote:
way2roll wrote:

Your referenced article is over 4 years old. And you obviously don't know what you are talking about regarding new Ford trucks. I own one, I know the differences. It's pretty clear in the specs.

Go to square one he was not asking about new trucks he's looking at a 7.3 so it's a 2003 or older. Not much of a Ford guy if you don't know the 250s and 350s are the same truck. Like I said look up a part for the 250 and see that it fits the 350. I suspect your the type runs to the shop and says fix it it's doing ..... Some of us fix our own. Do some research and stop spouting it's old info. When YOU start fixing come back with correct info and stop spreading BS.

Ask your friend that the dealer, better yet ask one of his mechanics or parts people. "I believe it's got a bigger rear axle" you believe in correctly the parts book will confirm it. It likely has 3:55 gears but could have 3:73 lower could be special ordered.

Ford OEM part numbers

Dude, why are you trolling me and making assumptions about me when you obviously know nothing about me and my fixing abilities? Transparent attempt to defend your silly advice. He said 7.3 at a dealership. That makes it the new godzilla. Not a 2003. Figured you'd know that since you seem to be the "expert". But anyone advocating for buying F250, putting all the money in it to make it a F350 and then lie by re-badging it, when they could just buy a f350, has no opinion I'd consider worth anything. Troll someone else.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
He said gas truck. And that would make it a new one.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ed, you might wanna check yoself.
OP is talking about a NEW truck and while both the 250s and 350s are largely the same, 350s and duallys get heavier rear axles (and of course springs). Aside from the axles you’re correct though IMO. And the axle thing don’t mean shtick unless you’re putting more pin weight on a 250 than any LT tire is good for anyways.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:

Your referenced article is over 4 years old. And you obviously don't know what you are talking about regarding new Ford trucks. I own one, I know the differences. It's pretty clear in the specs.

Go to square one he was not asking about new trucks he's looking at a 7.3 so it's a 2003 or older. Not much of a Ford guy if you don't know the 250s and 350s are the same truck. Like I said look up a part for the 250 and see that it fits the 350. I suspect your the type runs to the shop and says fix it it's doing ..... Some of us fix our own. Do some research and stop spouting it's old info. When YOU start fixing come back with correct info and stop spreading BS.

Ask your friend that the dealer, better yet ask one of his mechanics or parts people. "I believe it's got a bigger rear axle" you believe in correctly the parts book will confirm it. It likely has 3:55 gears but could have 3:73 lower could be special ordered.

Ford OEM part numbers
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Edd505 wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Edd505 wrote:
LanceRKeys wrote:

Add the 350 spring pack and you have a F350, re badge it and no one will know unless they check the vin.

We had a heck of a time finding our truck. Luckily my friend is a dealer in MD. Had what we wanted and bought it over the phone. But we looked for almost 2 mos solid within a 4 hr radius.

Obviously not Ford guy, you need to do some reading. I will guarantee I park the F250 next to an F350 of the same year you will not know the differance without looking at the badging or Vin. Ford/Lincoln/Mercury mechanic for years and owned super duties since 1999. Pick a part and et a part number, same for ether truck.

https://dustrunnersauto.com/f250-vs-f350/

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Edd505 wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Edd505 wrote:
LanceRKeys wrote:

Obviously not Ford guy, you need to do some reading. https://dustrunnersauto.com/f250-vs-f350/

The aforementioned article was written over four years ago, so it does not necessarily apply to new trucks today. It certainly applied to my 2000 F250, which thanks to its Camper package it is identical to the same year F350. One thing I picked up on Ford's website is that apparently the gas F250 use a six speed Torqshift-G transmission while all F350s have the 10 speed. Even if every other nut and bolt were identical that alone would be reason enough to get a F350.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Edd505 wrote:
LanceRKeys wrote:

Obviously not Ford guy, you need to do some reading. I will guarantee I park the F250 next to an F350 of the same year you will not know the differance without looking at the badging or Vin. Ford/Lincoln/Mercury mechanic for years and owned super duties since 1999. Pick a part and et a part number, same for ether truck.

https://dustrunnersauto.com/f250-vs-f350/

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just go in, ask for the sales manager and order what you want. I feel like I get a better price that way in most cases.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Edd505 wrote:
re badge it and no one will know unless they check the vin.

Door sticker will be a dead giveaway too that it's no an F350
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
Seon wrote:
Edd505 wrote:

Wow, just wow. :R

Yea, just order a F350! :S
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Seon
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:

Wow, just wow. :R

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Edd505 wrote:
LanceRKeys wrote:

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
LanceRKeys wrote: