Mexico Closes Border Until Nov. 21, 2020

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
4 REPLIES 4

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I've not seen anything in writing. Mexicans who are U.S. residents residing in Mexico can cross back and forth, not limited to U.S. citizens.

I believe it has more to do with aduana's autonomy and their ongoing fight with AMLO and the marines taking them over.

This whole thing with Mexico allowing people into the country is all about money, not about lives.

Again, I'd like to see something official.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
As posted in a previous post -the border issue is to keep non-USA citizens from coming into the USA. It has been the same since March. If you are a USA citizen it does not affect you. PERIOD. Tourism has been designated as essential travel in Sonora. However the protocols for anything in public places is very strict here compared to other places up North.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
Crossed at Lukeville with no problems Thursday, October 15, going to Puerto Peรฑasco. Will be here til Friday, October 23. RV park had many arrivals Friday.
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
There seems to be problems with statements from various Mexican Government departments. Goverment tourism offices are actively seeking foreigners. Migra is issuing FMM permisos at land border crossings. I can understand the different policies. Mexico needs the tourists. AFAIK the gov. does not provide any meaningful economic assistance to laid off workers. People have to eat.