Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Any one else giving up snow birding due to the covid
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Any one else giving up snow birding due to the covid

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are staying home in Wa St 19 winters (6 months) in Casa Grande Az. Hope next winter will let us travel. Wife's badly broken leg in January also is a reason for not traveling. Be safe everybody. chevman

chevman
2021 Jayco Hawk 28RL
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 01:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I came home early, in March. I think I will be going south again, but a few months later than usual. And I won't go as far as I usually do from my S&B.

That's partly due to where covid is under control and where it isn't. It's partly about not wanting to be very far from my parents, because they are older. And the timing, leaving later than usual, is because I want to wait and see what happens after the election.

I feel like I need to be near my family, in uncertain times.

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're living in our rig so we don't have much choice. We headed south and south we will stay until about March or April. I don't have many risk factors so I take basic precautions and hope for the best. If I get "coronatized", well, we all have an 'expiration date'. I've had 64 years of good health. That's more than a lot of people.

* This post was edited 10/20/20 06:08pm by DallasSteve *

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 03:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shot-N-Az wrote:

I made a post in this thread and used the term “Chinese virus”. The post is gone. Would someone claiming to be a moderator please do me the courtesy of informing me why my post was deleted?

Seriously. You can’t figure that out? The virus name commonly used is COVID. Rewrite your message using that. Maybe they’ll leave it.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/20 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shot-N-Az wrote:

I made a post in this thread and used the term “Chinese virus”. The post is gone. Would someone claiming to be a moderator please do me the courtesy of informing me why my post was deleted?

I can’t even count how many times a moderator has reminded folks political equals deleted.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/20 05:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am pleased that the post was removed. No need for that kind of post.

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DownTheAvenue wrote:

Guy Roan wrote:

We own our own rv spot in Key Largo, Fl, but will be staying right here in the high country of NC until it is safe to go.
Our county here has only a total of five deaths and just a few hundred cases, while our county there has a few thousand cases.
It is a no brainer for us !

Guy

I wonder what the percentage rate of infection is, not just the total. You may find that where you plan on staying is more infected than your Florida location. It is not just the number of infections or deaths. Example: the population where you are is 2,000, but there have been 1,000 infections and 100 deaths. The population in your area in Florida is 200,000 with the same 1,000 infections and 100 deaths. It is easy to see in this example where one would be safer.

Good suggestion

My wife just did the math for both places, and in Key Largo there is fifty percent more than where we are now in the NC high country. Needless to say we have made the correct decision to stay here

Guy

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We ended up staying at our park in Mesa because Dave had complications from open heart surgery and it was mid-July before we could have thought about traveling, and we had to be back by mid-Sept for more medical tests/appointments. Just wasn't worth it.

Everyone around here is now wearing masks. We don't do things like congregating in groups - would you do that at your current place? Sun is out, weather is cooling (not the summer to spend here, records of all kinds set) and we go about our lives. I'm sewing masks for daughter (who teaches special ed) and while we do miss not being able to go to concerts, not being somewhere cold for the winter is worth practicing our mask wearing, hand washing, physical distancing steps to keep is safe. We go through through horrible mess in July with the virus, we just keep doing the right things and will be all right.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ">
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

staying put. I see a lot of people flying down. Not too bright IMO with a second wave building

Parrothead Mike

SW Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/20 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are 80+% sure to be heading back to Florida after Thanksgiving barring any unforeseen situations. We're in a more rural area of FL and feel we can lay low down there just as easily as here in Michigan. In fact, being able to get out and exercise in the fresh, and warmer, air is better for us than being indoors much of the time in the northern colder climate.

2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Any one else giving up snow birding due to the covid
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.