cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coachmen Santara Capacities

Bill_Kirkbride
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 2000 Coachmen Santara 370 MB diesel pusher. 350 HP Cummins. It has a 7000 KW Onan gasoline generator.
I have downloaded the Owners Manual and searched the Internet to find out the capacities of all of the liquids. Diesel fuel tank, Generator gasoline tank, Fresh water tank, gray water tank, black water tank, propane tank, etc... I cannot find this information anywhere. Does anyone have the same type RV that can provide this information? Thanks in advance for any help. Bill
12 REPLIES 12

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
If you still aren't having any luck, you could try searching for a similar used model "FOR SALE" at various popular internet sites like Ebay, Craigslist, rvtrader, pplmotorhomes or anywhere used motorhomes are bought and sold. Often, if you find a well documented ad, the seller will list many of the quantities in their description. As previously stated, these quantities may be less than accurate, but, it's place to start. If you are lucky, someone may have the original sales brochure still in their packet of manuals that came with the MH.

Chum lee

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
No. I currently own a Newmar.

Txpard
Explorer
Explorer
Do you still own this Coach?

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I once owned a Coachmen Santara and it had a 100 gallon fresh water tank, a 10 gallon hot water tank, a 18 gallon propane tank, a 45 gallon black water tank, a 55 gallon gray water tank and a 75 gallon fuel tank. IIRC

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
You should not have a gas tank for your generator if this is a diesel coach. The generator is likely diesel as well (hopefully) and draws front the main diesel tank. If not, the generator is likely going to be propane.

Actually not Bill. The first MH we had was a DP with a gasoline generator. Coachman Santara no slides
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Bill Kirkbride wrote:
I just purchased a 2000 Coachmen Santara 370 MB diesel pusher. 350 HP Cummins. It has a 7000 KW Onan gasoline generator.
I have downloaded the Owners Manual and searched the Internet to find out the capacities of all of the liquids. Diesel fuel tank, Generator gasoline tank, Fresh water tank, gray water tank, black water tank, propane tank, etc... I cannot find this information anywhere. Does anyone have the same type RV that can provide this information? Thanks in advance for any help. Bill

Even if someone has the exact same RV, that does not exactly mean all the tank sizes or capacities are the same. The RV Industry is notorious for making changes while slapping together RV's, hence the disclaimers that are everywhere on brochures and websites. It was the same in 2000 as it is today.

If during the production run they run out of 50 gallon holding tanks which they advertise, if a 30 is on hand and they can make it fit thats what you get. A coworker ordered a TT because of its wrap around dinette but when it arrived it had a standard sit across, the manufacturer ran out of cushions for the wrap around. Take it or leave it he was told.

They will and can change capacities, sizes, designs, brands of components, etc, on a whim, and do so all the time.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's the first I've heard of such a setup! Sorry I was less than helpful!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Kirkbride
Explorer
Explorer
Bill Satellite

It apparently was an option on this model to have an Onan Gas Generator. I know it is gas because it has a gasoline fuel door located right next to the diesel fuel door, both are locking doors located just under the drivers side window. I have fueled it up with gasoline and the generator runs fine.

Bill_Kirkbride
Explorer
Explorer
Bill Satellite

It apparently was an option on this model to have an Onan Gas Generator. I know it is gas because it has a gasoline fuel door located right next to the diesel fuel door, both are locking doors located just under the drivers side window. I have fueled it up with gasoline and the generator runs fine.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should not have a gas tank for your generator if this is a diesel coach. The generator is likely diesel as well (hopefully) and draws front the main diesel tank. If not, the generator is likely going to be propane.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Kirkbride
Explorer
Explorer
Drew E

I thought the same thing, that the capacities should be shown somewhere. So far, no luck. As for the propane, I can probably figure it out by some of the writing on the tank as well as, the size. It is much bigger than a bbq tank. I'll keep searching but so far, nothing.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Many of those should be on the weight (CCC/OCCC) sticker which is often on the back wall of a cabinet somewhere. At the very least it would have the fresh water and propane tank capacities.

The propane tank would also have the capacity stamped on the data plate on the tank itself. You'd have to take care to read whether it's the so-called water capacity or the usable capacity (which is 80% of the water capacity by volume).