Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Halloween Or Not
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Halloween Or Not

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 04:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

We are ABSOLUTELY participating this year! Our dragons and serpent are already on the front lawn. Each house in the neighborhood is designing their own way to safely deliver candy. Not going to ruin Halloween for these kids-they've had enough losses this year.

If you had a young child would you let he or she go trick or treating this year ?

Guy

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan wrote:

If you had a young child would you let he or she go trick or treating this year ?

Guy
Absolutely.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well here comes grumpy me, no Halloween this year and I couldn’t be happier. Folks dump kids into our cul-de-sac by the dozens. Probably 1 out of 10 will thank you for it. Lights out for me!

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the 15+ years we have been here, no trick or treaters. However, there have been some changes in the neighborhood; there are now at least two little "curtain climbers" and a couple of youngsters. Maybe this year we will buy a bag of goodies. If nobody shows up, I can treat myself!

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/20 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan wrote:

Crowe wrote:

We are ABSOLUTELY participating this year! Our dragons and serpent are already on the front lawn. Each house in the neighborhood is designing their own way to safely deliver candy. Not going to ruin Halloween for these kids-they've had enough losses this year.

Guy

Absolutely. Read my response above and you will know why. The chances of viruses being transmitted on packaging of any sort is extremely remote. If no one is meeting face-to-face there's no issue.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/20 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FlatBroke wrote:

Well here comes grumpy me, no Halloween this year and I couldn’t be happier. Folks dump kids into our cul-de-sac by the dozens. Probably 1 out of 10 will thank you for it. Lights out for me!

We had that issue for a while at our old house. Most of them seemed to come from the main streets in town. I didn't care-I loved it! The more kids the merrier.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1974 was the last year we saw a trick or treater. We lived in town back then and would have lots of kids.
Kids would be better off without all the candy/sugar anywayz. And the times we could safely let the kids consume home made goodies is long past.
I see both small towns near me don't recommend the door to door thing this year because of the virus but have several church and or city service building set up and have proper covid-19 clothed adults do the passing out of package goodies donated from local merchants and donated monies for buying them.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Cocky_Camper

Rock Hill, SC

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are camping this year at our local county park for Halloween weekend. We are hoping that the park does not put a stop to the public coming in to trick or treating. We have candy and decorations for the site and are ready to go. Luckily we are SC also, which is a state that his less restrictions than most others.

We live in a rural part of town, and we don't get trick or treaters at home, besides two neighbor kids. So we are hoping to see some while camping!

2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

Orion

Pacific South West

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've done Halloween for years, we normally get around 150 kids. Not this year though, some will take precautions, but many will not. This could end up being a super spreader event. I want this plague to be over, the way we're carrying on, it'll go on for years!

Everyone has an accent, Yes, even you! ">

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/20 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I haven't bothered with it for many years. The celebration has unsavory origins.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Halloween Or Not
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.