cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1157 Style LED Interior Bulb Warm Lighting?

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
1157, or similar Style LED Interior Bulb Warm Lighting?

Does such an animal exist? Dual post but not bright white, but warm lighting for bedroom slideout.

Thanks in advance.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog
17 REPLIES 17

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Darryl&Rita wrote:

Anybody ever seen a dual contact interior light socket? I've seen 1157 bulbs wedged into a 1141 socket for more light. The first indication is a melted lens, followed by a melted fixture. Not good.

Years ago we had a small Class C that had a couple of interior lights that used dual filament 1157's in fixtures with "High/Low" switch settings. I don't know if the fixtures were OEM or not.

Hey, Dutch, those were very likely OEM. The fixture I seen had the slots for the bulb pins directly across from each other, like on a 1156 or 41 style bulb. The previous owner had filed down one of the pins on an 1157 to allow it to fit. The original centre contact hit both contacts of the 1157, so it was bright, but hot.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Darryl&Rita wrote:

Anybody ever seen a dual contact interior light socket? I've seen 1157 bulbs wedged into a 1141 socket for more light. The first indication is a melted lens, followed by a melted fixture. Not good.

Years ago we had a small Class C that had a couple of interior lights that used dual filament 1157's in fixtures with "High/Low" switch settings. I don't know if the fixtures were OEM or not.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Dual pin bases do not utilize the socket as a polarity connection. 2-pin bases are used in vehicles where both polarities are to be run a distance. On the base the index metal pins are not staggered. Auto Parts stores commonly have rubber mats on the counter showing a master inventory of small bulbs. GE and other firms display them on the internet web sites. This will give you the correct base index which you can use for LEDs

Didn't understand a word you said. I do know that a single base bulb does not work in my particular case and I do need a dual base bulb.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Dual pin bases do not utilize the socket as a polarity connection. 2-pin bases are used in vehicles where both polarities are to be run a distance. On the base the index metal pins are not staggered. Auto Parts stores commonly have rubber mats on the counter showing a master inventory of small bulbs. GE and other firms display them on the internet web sites. This will give you the correct base index which you can use for LEDs

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Got two 10 packs of warm white LED 1156 bulbs off Amazon for less than $25 total I think it was.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Darryl&Rita wrote:
Anybody ever seen a dual contact interior light socket?

Yes, a 1076 (BA15D base), which is sometimes used in reading lamps.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Boon Docker wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
1141 LED is a common interior lamp

Won't work in an 1157 socket.

I've never heard of an 1157 lamp being used in interior fixture, which is why I posted the 1141, which is the most common bayonet lamp used for many years in RVs.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Darryl&Rita wrote:
RickLight wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
deltabravo wrote:

Exactly!
The numbers describe the physical and electrical aspects of the lamp. You don't put gasoline in a diesel or shampoo in the dishwasher!

That would be interesting to see how that is done. Seeing as the sockets are not designed the same.

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
RickLight wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
deltabravo wrote:

Exactly!
The numbers describe the physical and electrical aspects of the lamp. You don't put gasoline in a diesel or shampoo in the dishwasher!

***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
Boon Docker wrote:
deltabravo wrote:

Exactly!
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:

madjack60
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased 1141 LED replacements on Amazon. Got 20 of them for $24, They work well.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
As posted by Boon Docker if you want a warm light you need to search for a 3000K bulb. The 6000k bulbs will put out that harsh white lighting.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup