Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How wide do mirrors need to be for a TT?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

 > How wide do mirrors need to be for a TT?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
camp-n-family

London, Ontario

Senior Member

Joined: 07/26/2009

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/19/20 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stepnwolf wrote:

camp-n-family wrote:

Buy yourself ***Link Removed*** Tundra and Sequoia mirrors fit the same. Super easy to install too.


That model has blind spot warning which my vehicle doesn't have so the similar models in the $185 range are equivalent other than that feature. Thanks.


I bought these mirrors for my Tundra when I had it. Dealer wanted $800+ for oem. I paid around $200 at the time and comparing them side by side you couldn’t tell the difference. Just get the ones that have the same features as your suv. Tried the CIPA ones before. They vibrate and one fell off.


'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley


Seon

Lake Camanche, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/02/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/20/20 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camp-n-family wrote:

... Tried the CIPA ones before. They vibrate and one fell off.


The pair I have doesn't vibrate much and that's why I've kept them by removing and installing from two previous GM tow vehicles to my current one.

BTW I extended them while towing my TT once but couldn't see the difference in the side view so pushed them back in and haven't extended them ever since.

Stepnwolf

Rio Rancho

New Member

Joined: 10/18/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/20/20 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seon wrote:

camp-n-family wrote:

... Tried the CIPA ones before. They vibrate and one fell off.


The pair I have doesn't vibrate much and that's why I've kept them by removing and installing from two previous GM tow vehicles to my current one.

BTW I extended them while towing my TT once but couldn't see the difference in the side view so pushed them back in and haven't extended them ever since.


The CIPA ones I am talking about don't extend. They just clamp on over the existing mirrors. My physics is rusty, but the further out the mirror is, the angle allows to see past the trailer corner at a "deeper" angle, allowing you to see something closer than otherwise.

The main concern is knowing if there is someone back there before changing lanes.


Step 'N' Wolf
Toyota Sequoia Platinum
Arctic Fox 22GQ
Land of Enchantment


Seon

Lake Camanche, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/02/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/20/20 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stepnwolf wrote:




The main concern is knowing if there is someone back there before changing lanes.


Correct.
BTW I'll be mounting a wired rear cam on my TT just to know if anybody is there [emoticon].

Stepnwolf

Rio Rancho

New Member

Joined: 10/18/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/20/20 06:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seon wrote:

Stepnwolf wrote:




The main concern is knowing if there is someone back there before changing lanes.


Correct.
BTW I'll be mounting a wired rear cam on my TT just to know if anybody is there [emoticon].


I ordered a rear camera which might be in before I leave, but that doesn't mean I want to mount it while I am down there. Thanks

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

Senior Member

Joined: 11/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 03:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seon wrote:

camp-n-family wrote:

... Tried the CIPA ones before. They vibrate and one fell off.


The pair I have doesn't vibrate much and that's why I've kept them by removing and installing from two previous GM tow vehicles to my current one.

BTW I extended them while towing my TT once but couldn't see the difference in the side view so pushed them back in and haven't extended them ever since.


I had CIPAs on my Avalanche for 10 years and on my F150 for 6 years. NEVER had any vibration or had one fall off. For the price, they can't be beat.


Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes


Stepnwolf

Rio Rancho

New Member

Joined: 10/18/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

Seon wrote:

camp-n-family wrote:

... Tried the CIPA ones before. They vibrate and one fell off.


The pair I have doesn't vibrate much and that's why I've kept them by removing and installing from two previous GM tow vehicles to my current one.

BTW I extended them while towing my TT once but couldn't see the difference in the side view so pushed them back in and haven't extended them ever since.


I had CIPAs on my Avalanche for 10 years and on my F150 for 6 years. NEVER had any vibration or had one fall off. For the price, they can't be beat.


Thanks for the additional insurance. I am hoping we are talking about the same model. These aren't as wide as "factory" type extended mirrors so I hope they are wide enough.

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

Senior Member

Joined: 11/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stepnwolf wrote:

bikendan wrote:

Seon wrote:

camp-n-family wrote:

... Tried the CIPA ones before. They vibrate and one fell off.


The pair I have doesn't vibrate much and that's why I've kept them by removing and installing from two previous GM tow vehicles to my current one.

BTW I extended them while towing my TT once but couldn't see the difference in the side view so pushed them back in and haven't extended them ever since.


I had CIPAs on my Avalanche for 10 years and on my F150 for 6 years. NEVER had any vibration or had one fall off. For the price, they can't be beat.


Thanks for the additional insurance. I am hoping we are talking about the same model. These aren't as wide as "factory" type extended mirrors so I hope they are wide enough.


The only CIPAs I know of, are the ones that slip over factory mirrors. Adds an additional mirror on the far outside.

JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

Senior Member

Joined: 08/02/2011

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stepnwolf wrote:

ssthrd wrote:

Check this out from AAA..............

https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/trailer-mirrors/

I suggest you check DMV regs where you are.


Thanks for the link....I checked the main states I will travel in, NM, CO, AZ, all have a 200' rule which I assume means, I can see anything from 200' back.


For clarity, it means you have to be able to see from you all the way to 200' back behind you.

Probably best stated in the NM paragraph "...a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway from a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of the vehicle."

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

Stepnwolf wrote:

bikendan wrote:

Seon wrote:

camp-n-family wrote:

... Tried the CIPA ones before. They vibrate and one fell off.


The pair I have doesn't vibrate much and that's why I've kept them by removing and installing from two previous GM tow vehicles to my current one.

BTW I extended them while towing my TT once but couldn't see the difference in the side view so pushed them back in and haven't extended them ever since.


I had CIPAs on my Avalanche for 10 years and on my F150 for 6 years. NEVER had any vibration or had one fall off. For the price, they can't be beat.


Thanks for the additional insurance. I am hoping we are talking about the same model. These aren't as wide as "factory" type extended mirrors so I hope they are wide enough.


The only CIPAs I know of, are the ones that slip over factory mirrors. Adds an additional mirror on the far outside.



I used those on my Explorer and my conversion van. I was very happy with them


Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

 > How wide do mirrors need to be for a TT?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.