Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roads and Routes: OK to TN
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> OK to TN

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
jcordar2

New York

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/20 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you so much! You have been very helpful!

Jane

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/20 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will be very happy with the Ridge RV park. One of the newest in the area and has nice facilities and sites have some space to them so you don't feel like a sardine. Parkers Crossroads is a nice park also, we have stayed there also. Plan your time to hit Memphis after 9am. It's always busy so you might consider taking the south bypass 240...although that's busy also. Once you are through there Nashville is you next traffic nightmare. Time of day is critical again. If you stay in Nashville the parks on Music Valley Drive are all good. In Nashville go to the Hermitage, Andrew Jackson's home.

Nashville is approximately 3.5 hours from Sevierville. If you want to stop on that leg stay in Crossville at Deer Run. Wonderful park. The State park there, Cumberland Mountain, is good too and some sites have full hookup. It has a restaurant on site if so inclined to take a break from cooking.

I live in the Sevierville/ Pigeon Forge/ Dandridge area so if you have any questions about the area just ask. Moved here 7 years ago and LOVE it.

jcordar2

New York

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/20 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you so much!!

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/20 04:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look at upthecreek rv camp in Pigeon Forge.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/20 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

jcordar2 wrote:

Since we are newbies:
Drive 200 miles, stop by 2pm, stay 2 days......

You are retired right? Seems that rule would hinder traveling for most people. Have to have a lot of time to get somewhere. Using that rule. We would have never gotten to travel.

Looks like it will take you about 9 days to get to where you are going. Were I you I would look for KOAs .. Many of them are close to interstates.

Unless I misunderstood. Which is very possible

When we where working, and using a tent wife would take vacation first and last week of year. Load the pickup, drive mostly south until warm enough for tent. Then spend 2-3 days exploring, move another tank of gas, repeat. Circle around so we could get home in time.
Working, load up burn the miles to get someplace to unload. Thousands of times I have passed something, thought "Would like a closer look at that, grabbed another gear. You and many others feel the need to burn the miles to get to the fun. More than once somebody has come home from a vacation running their head about the great things in a museum in another city. The donkey in me will ask "When was the last time you where in the local museum?"

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/20 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Both DH and I are retired, but our kids are still in school, even this year. We spend May until September getting in as much camping as we can. If we are traveling lots of miles to somewhere, we will have one long day(8 hrs) , then a short day, and if needed, then another long day. Our short day is from about 10 am until 2 or 3 pm with a short stop in the middle. You can still cover quite a bit of mileage doing that. We don't need two days to recover from a long drive, if we did, we probably wouldn't still be traveling.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> OK to TN
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.