Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: What are the top 5 advantages of a TC?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> What are the top 5 advantages of a TC?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 11/08/20 07:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am of the school of what works for you personally has to be carefully looked at but it all boils down to what do you do, what are your needs and how you use it. Having a TC offers so much versatility...we could go on and on....We all know it is compact, has maneuverability..especially with us 4x4 crowd. The use of our tow-ability is huge..trailers, boats...you name it is the TC truck combo that really knocks it out of the park...if versatility is what you want...this is your combo. Period.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 04:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I am of the school of what works for you personally has to be carefully looked at but it all boils down to what do you do, what are your needs and how you use it.

Good point. Every TC owner has their own reason for having/using one.
We had three different size truck campers in the late '60s and up to the late '70s till my family out grew the TC....and my on the road construction job required a larger rv (home away from home) to live in while on the job. This was about the time 5th wheel rv trailer hit the markets big time and actually killed the TC business in my state which had 3 TC mfg at that time.
The 5th wheel trailer solved the transportation problem once we had it set up. Simple pull the handle on the hitch and we had our transportation that can be easily hooked up.
All the states in my area allows towing doubles so pulling the boat behind the 5er or a small tandem axle cargo tool trailer between worksites was no issue.

Kids all grown and long gone....retired from the construction business. Now if I could talk the wife out of the 30' 5th wheel with two slides and back to a 9.5' truck camper would sure tickle me.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 11/09/20 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

Now if I could talk the wife out of the 30' 5th wheel with two slides and back to a 9.5' truck camper would sure tickle me.

Good luck with that one. [emoticon]

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> What are the top 5 advantages of a TC?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.