cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

spartan says they don't carry it looking for radiator

TomandCandy
Explorer
Explorer
looking for a replacement radiator if all does not go well when I take it to radiator shop this is on a 1996 spartan 230 hp 6 speed allision called Spartan for a plan B and they said they don't carry it thanks in advance Tom
8 REPLIES 8

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
MAC's radiator will rebuild your radiator, and they probably have the dimensions on hand to built a new one if you prefer.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Ray_IN
Explorer II
Explorer II
TomandCandy wrote:
going to radiator shop tomorrow finally got that bugger out of there they silicone the radiator to the air charger and also to the transmission cooler I had to cut those lines out on transmission cooler so looks like a radiator repair and weld new connections back on cooler ya I could of used stop leak but I couldn't do that to the next owner of this coach as we are looking for a newer coach now I think most of us are that way with a motorhome we meet great people rving all the time ok later.

This fits a 1988 - 1992 Spartan chassis.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom pushed by a 2013 Chevy Silverado K1500 And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you โ€” ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

TomandCandy
Explorer
Explorer
going to radiator shop tomorrow finally got that bugger out of there they silicone the radiator to the air charger and also to the transmission cooler I had to cut those lines out on transmission cooler so looks like a radiator repair and weld new connections back on cooler ya I could of used stop leak but I couldn't do that to the next owner of this coach as we are looking for a newer coach now I think most of us are that way with a motorhome we meet great people rving all the time ok later.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Radiator shop yup.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Radiator on my 2000 Spartan chassis started leaking late last year. I removed the radiator myself and took it to a local radiator shop. The completely rebuilt it for less than the radiators I found online to replace mine. I put it in and have just returned from a 6000 mile cross country journey and all is well.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are two kinds of shops now days. OLD and NEW

The new shops are just replacement shops You bring you ride in they figure out what is bad and order a new one and put it in. Easy Peasy.

But the old style shops FIXED things.. A raditor for example has several modules The upper tank, lower tank, Transmission cooler (often part of lower tank) and so on.. What a Radiator REPAIR shop does is remove the top and bottom tanks if they are good RE-CORE the thing (that is the heat exchanger part) and put it back in... Unless the problem is a bad tank. these shops should be able to fix ANY radiator.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Any good radiator shop will dismantle your old radiator and keep the upper and lower tanks and mounting brackets. Then they will replace the core with an off the shelf unit to replace your old radiator core. The problem is that most shops cannot deal with an RV so you must remove the radiator and take it to them.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Radiator shop should be able to get replacement if unable to fix yours
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31