Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cummins ISC 8.3 throws codes and shuts off at speed

agentmm
Explorer
Explorer
Hello

I am brand new here and I don't have an RV. I actually have a 2006 Autocar Xpeditor cab-over (for hauling compost) but my rig has a Cummins ISC and I'm looking for anyone who might be able to throw some ideas at me.

Rig runs fine at start up. After "some time" (varies 3-6 hours) I start to get funky symptoms like engine cut out at speed (which rectifies almost immediately so I can still drive) until a few of those lead to a complete shut down and I'm pulled over on the side of the road. ABS and "wait to start" lights come on. CEL has been thrown a few times.

Originally it was
449 - Injector Metering Rail 1 Pressure - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Most Severe Level
and
2216 - Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Moderately Severe Level

I have changed the fuel filter and run through Cummins Quicksearch troubleshooting guide and the fuel codes have not returned but I just had 1117 pop up
Power Supply Lost With Ignition On - Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect

I've been through 3 shops and as many tows because the issue is non-specific and hard to pin down. Does anyone have any insight here?
If not, do we know where a guy might post?

Thanks so much for taking the time
Appreciated
3 REPLIES 3

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the "other" site that has a Cummins section

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
you're welcome
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Try the Escapees board. Lotta big engine guys there. You might try the MDT forum.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman