cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gen Y fiver hitch increase fuel economy?

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
How is that supposed to work? Does it have magic in it or what? LOL:R
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs
9 REPLIES 9

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
You can say anything in advertising and someone else has to prove it is not true.

Nothing but snake oil.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Durb wrote:
You had me intrigued so I checked their website. I can't see where they even make a fifth wheel hitch. Pin boxes yes. Hard to make claims on something they don't even sell.

They make three replacement pin boxes with gooseneck couplers. These they claim increased your fuel economy by up to 3 mpg. Maybe they figure because you don't have a 200 lb hitch in the back of your truck fuel mileage goes up???
GD Reflection 29rs

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
You had me intrigued so I checked their website. I can't see where they even make a fifth wheel hitch. Pin boxes yes. Hard to make claims on something they don't even sell.

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Add a vented tailgate, and get even more.lol

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Users claim up to 3 mpg increase".....
GD Reflection 29rs

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Sandia Man wrote:
Other than less weight and less speed, claims by manufacturers that state increased fuel economy are nominal at best. Went I got into RVing over a couple of decades ago, utilizing gasoline powered engines the entire time and still today, I am happy to say we have never tracked mpg even once.

The only reason I do is planning for gas stops. I hate pulling on and off highways, only to find stations we can't get easily in and/or out of. So, I generally plan our gas and meal stops along the way in order to save hassle and time. Knowing my mpg's allows me to know how often I need to stop - nothing more.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Other than less weight and less speed, claims by manufacturers that state increased fuel economy are nominal at best. Went I got into RVing over a couple of decades ago, utilizing gasoline powered engines the entire time and still today, I am happy to say we have never tracked mpg even once.

Although it sure was tough when it was $4 a gallon at times, did not deter us from all the trips we took with the kids. Now as adults they often talk about those memories and how they fully intend to do the same with their children. Now that gas is half that price we let the good times roll, mpg stats are forgotten evermore.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, it's true. My buddy went from 11mpg towing to an unbelievable 137MPG! towing uphill both ways!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Snake oil. Sounds like an unverifiable sales pitch.