Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: GM’s official run at Tesla starts with its E Hummer debut.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > GM’s official run at Tesla starts with its E Hummer debut.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
lbrjet

Gold Canyon, AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 09/20/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 05:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now they just have to get it to market. Time will tell. I highly doubt they pull it off as advertised, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.


2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lbrjet wrote:

Now they just have to get it to market. Time will tell. I highly doubt they pull it off as advertised, but hopefully I'm proven wrong.


Just reading a couple of sources online I think a lot depends on the production of the batteries from the new ultium factory. Time will tell.

Wishing them success.

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

p220sigman wrote:

I was kind of thinking the lane change thing maybe. I don't off-road so I wasn't sure if there was an application there or not. For parallel parking, it would be great if the wheels turned 90 degrees. Then you could just pull up even with the spot, turn the wheels and slide right in. Just seems like a gimmick to try to add something unique.

The parking thing...another 'new' old idea. [emoticon] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki9otMeiRP0

free radical

Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

p220sigman wrote:

I ask this question in all seriousness, outside of some off-road conditions (I assume), why would you need a vehicle to be able to "crabwalk"? I can't think of a driving situation I've been in where that would be useful.


Could be good For people who dont know how to paralel park Lol

free radical

Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/21/20 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

And first year production sold out...at a 112,000 bucks a pop.

https://electrek.co/2020/10/21/gmc-humme........t-first-year-production-electric-pickup/

Limited edition
Why dont they say how many is that ?
Not that Id ever pay 120gs for that fugly square box LOL

Cybrtrk is what 80grand and 500 mile range,and stainles steel body
Tesla is clearly better
Plus the Supercharger network

time2roll

Southern California

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/21/20 09:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

p220sigman wrote:

I ask this question in all seriousness, outside of some off-road conditions (I assume), why would you need a vehicle to be able to "crabwalk"? I can't think of a driving situation I've been in where that would be useful.


Could be good For people who dont know how to paralel park Lol
OK even if you are good it is still possible now and then to be a bit far from the curb and you want to tuck it in a bit better without pulling back into busy traffic. Or possibly make it easier to get out if you get boxed in a bit tight while you were away.


2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

Senior Member

Joined: 09/16/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/22/20 05:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wnjj wrote:

p220sigman wrote:

I was kind of thinking the lane change thing maybe. I don't off-road so I wasn't sure if there was an application there or not. For parallel parking, it would be great if the wheels turned 90 degrees. Then you could just pull up even with the spot, turn the wheels and slide right in. Just seems like a gimmick to try to add something unique.

The parking thing...another 'new' old idea. [emoticon] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki9otMeiRP0
That was what made me think of the parking idea.

I guess it is moot for me since I won't be buying one. I don't need another mortgage, especially for a vehicle.

thomas201

Eastern Panhandle WV

Senior Member

Joined: 08/21/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/22/20 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Journey to the past with GM. Don't you guys remember the Quadrasteer, in about 2000 to 2005. Nuthing new. Not impressed then.

Reisender

NA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/09/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/22/20 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomas201 wrote:

Journey to the past with GM. Don't you guys remember the Quadrasteer, in about 2000 to 2005. Nuthing new. Not impressed then.


I do. One of our neighbours in Palm Springs has one. But I think the tires turn in opposite direction from front to back.

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

Senior Member

Joined: 04/09/2004

View Profile



Posted: 10/22/20 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

p220sigman wrote:

I was kind of thinking the lane change thing maybe. I don't off-road so I wasn't sure if there was an application there or not. For parallel parking, it would be great if the wheels turned 90 degrees. Then you could just pull up even with the spot, turn the wheels and slide right in. Just seems like a gimmick to try to add something unique.


Unique? Looks almost exactly like the old Quadrasteer system to me. Heavy and expensive. You got one of those trucks stuck, and you had something.


Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > GM’s official run at Tesla starts with its E Hummer debut.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.