cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a place

Wilusa
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a campground in the Great Smokey Mountains for me and the wife on our anniversary. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

Braces
Explorer
Explorer
up the creek x 2

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
upthecreekrvcamp.com
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
What exactly are you looking for? seclusion? Amenities? Gerties is near Asheville and lots to do in the area. Beautiful CG too. Other than that you're looking at Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg....well, there is Maggie Valley too. All nice campgrounds to be had. All depends on what you want.

Dollywood is all fancy Christmas lights at that time and the restaurant at Dolly's hotel is wonderful for an anniversary meal. It is open to the public. The area has many dinner shows to see too.

In Asheville the Biltmore has its candle light Christmas evenings going on. Very romantic. I'm booked there for a night at their Village Hotel for it.

Wilusa
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
***Link Removed*** near Asheville, NC might be a possibility; their premium mountaintop sites look wonderful with a spectacular view. This is not a fancy resort campground with all sorts of amenities and activities, but would be superb for relaxing and taking it easy.

The premium sites are unavailable November through March.

This looks really nice and what i may be looking for. Thanks so much.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe narrow down your area a little bit -- The Great Smoky Mountains is a BIG area. We used to live in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area, and I could help you with that specific area, but your question is painted with a very wide brushstroke! :C
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Mama Gertie's Hideaway Campground near Asheville, NC might be a possibility; their premium mountaintop sites look wonderful with a spectacular view. This is not a fancy resort campground with all sorts of amenities and activities, but would be superb for relaxing and taking it easy.

The premium sites are unavailable November through March.

Wilusa
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
When and do you need hook ups would be helpful to know.

I have a 30 amp. Water and electric are good. I don't mind a dump station vs actual sewer hook up. Nov 19-23

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Anchor Down RV near PigonForge on lake. Pine mountain RV in PigonForge. Two of newest and best.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedocโ€™s suggestion is a good one IMO.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
When and do you need hook ups would be helpful to know.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not quite in the Smokies, but there is a great place just inside Georgia in Hiawassee. Right on a river and beautiful park. River Bend Campground.
https://www.riverbendcamping.com/
Easy in and out. Lots to see and do in the area.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow