cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air for tires on Type A

5thhand
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to fill tires from air on A diesel. The coupling is frozen where I connect my air hose on the rig. How do I lubricate these to be able to hook up?
5thhand
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am inclinded to go with the 135PSI answer.
Suggestion blead it down Remove the coupler. Install a quarter turn air valve (Get those any big box home improvement store and most hardwares) and that way you can cut off air to the coupler. Then you can push in lock down and apply pressure by opening the valve.

IF in fact it's frozen While it's off the rig. A small rod like tool into the center and wack it. NOTE as someone said 5-10 bucks to replace.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
If itโ€™s never been used itโ€™s probably frozen. They are easily replaced for $5.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
I have no trouble connecting either of my compressors with one set at 150 PSI and one at 175 PSI. The trick is to keep them lubricated inside and outside so they will not corrode and siege. Squirt some penetrating oil inside and around the outside sleeve and try rotating the sleeve. Once it is loosen a good firm push on the air chuck into the coupler should make connection.

If they sit for a long time without use they tend to freeze.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Does your hose have the correct adapter/connector to plug into the bus?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd guess it's not frozen, but instead, you're trying to push that bayonet into the fitting against the 115-135psi system air pressure. To see, shut off your engine, bleed down the air tanks with your brakes and drain valves and then try the bayonet. If it goes in, you've identified your problem. On my Bus, I put a 1/4 turn ball valve just behind the coach fitting so I can connect my (2) air lines with ease. I understand the latest Tiffin's have this valve factory installed so this problem has gone away.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
You could try squirting it with some penetrating oil...that might loosen it up.
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E