Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Maximum towing
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Maximum towing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Why wouldn’t ya? If you have the means, I mean.
Heck, do you still brew coffee in a blue enamel percolator on the coal stove?

I’m old enough to remember when 300hp out of a gasser truck was a dream (but not old enough to remember the first time it was a reality, lol).
I don’t push mow 5 acres with a reel mower. I don’t cut firewood with a bucksaw. I don’t make my own arrows out of willow branches and I don’t tow with something better suited for gramma going to the bakery in!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/26/20 12:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

MFL wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

MitchF150 wrote:

Please show me your work on that math that I am 3,000 over weight on my combo Terry?

I do include the TW of the trailer on the trucks payload too.... I've been around the block a few times and here longer than you have been... ha, ha... Mitch

remember. I said if you load both to max. And IF your 11,300 is the GCVWR. Which I admit seems pretty low. I could have read it wrong. If it is not. Then my figures are wrong. I been wrong before.

Your truck if loaded to max is 7700lb. your trailer if loaded to max is 7000lb. that is 14,700lbs. Your max GCVWR, is 11,300. According to you post. Unless I miss read it.
So together your TT and TV weigh in at 14,700lb subtract the GCVWR of 11,300 from that, and you have 3,400lb that the truck is over the GCVWR. Like i said. If that is not the GCVWR. Then my figures are not correct.

Terry...you did take the numbers wrong. I looked at the same truck as Mitch has back in 13, so very familiar with the numbers. The tow capacity is 11,300, and the GCVWR S/B 17,000+. I did buy a new 250 instead, but the 150 with max tow and 3.5 Eco is a very stout truck, with lots of upgrades for HD towing.

I was wrong once myself, though! No harm.

Jerry

My bad.

Thanks MFL for replying on my behalf. Terry, I'm sorry if I made it seem like my GCWR was the "tow rating" number I quoted on my 13 F150.. Even my old 97 F150 had around a #12,500 GCWR, yet that old #5000 Prowler was as much as I wanted to tow with it! It also only had a #6250 GVWR on it! No payload sticker back in 97, but it was over payload back in the day! [emoticon]

The 13 tows the new Rockwood just fine. But, as was said, I would not really want to go much heavier with it and still have a comfortable tow for my taste.

Mitch
[image]

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/20 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Mitch, it likely wasn’t a mid-understanding, as Terryallen has been the consummate pessimist, in that everyone but him is overloaded. I’ve seen multiple thread where he’s dogged someone with virtually the same setup as him, as if the person was trying to tow a 5ver with a Ford Ranger.
Besides it’s not like you don’t have the specs for your setup AND a picture in your sig.
pic is worth 1000words and you actually have one!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Maximum towing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.