Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fresh Water Tank Overflowing When Turning
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Fresh Water Tank Overflowing When Turning

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Pangaea Ron

Anacortes, WA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/20 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I once talked with Winnebago about an issue on the road, without much success, but then I got a call back from a production team from their lunch table, and they offered suggestions. It was an amazing conversation. Ultimately, they asked me which day that my MH was completed. . . I said that I had no idea, and they said: It matters, they could have put that part anywhere depending on which day that it was completed.
Thanks, I think?

2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Ricky R

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/20 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The fill is located on the driver's side of the vehicle and is controlled by a selector valve at the utility station. Select options are "City" or "Tank Fill". So, no gravity fill line. The overflow is located on the opposite side of the coach and near the rear. The water is coming out of the rubber boot attached to the 1-1/4" line, so I'm confident that the line is not disconnected at the top of the tank. I could understand some overflow with a relatively full tank, but I was surprised to see it overflow with only 1/3 tank and normal, slow left turns.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/20 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you physically eye ball, the water tank
You have seen that it is really only 1/3 full,
It should not be possible to lose water thru the vent tube, under the conditions you described

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 12:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did the same as fisherman but I used a rubber plug that I got from the miscellaneous hardware drawers at Lowe's. I drilled a hole through the center and added a machine screw with a washer on each end and a lock nut. I also added a lanyard under the screw head made from a wire connector that had a hole through it and some wire fishing leader.

I bought a plug could fit completely into the fill Port opening. I tighten the lock nut which squished the plug tight enough to make it fit snug and not get sucked down the fill port opening. Water would still come out through the vent tube so I got some small corks that would fit tight in the vent tube opening. They gave me two things to add to my checklists.

I keep the plug and cork in the silverware drawer in the trailer so I don't lose them.

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

I keep the plug and cork in the silverware drawer in the trailer so I don't lose them.

Hahahaha, did you see me putting my plug in the cutlery drawer.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 09:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems the obvious place for small items so you don't have to go hunting for them. Then again great minds think alike.

Do you keep your 30 amp to 15 amp adapter for shore power inside the outside refer access panel. My shore power cable pulls out below and just aft of the fridge.

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/20 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mobeewan wrote:

Seems the obvious place for small items so you don't have to go hunting for them. Then again great minds think alike.

Do you keep your 30 amp to 15 amp adapter for shore power inside the outside refer access panel. My shore power cable pulls out below and just aft of the fridge.

Most of the time I just leave it on the 30A plug ready to hook up the generator. Our campground is bookdock style, no power, no water, blue Johnny Rocket poopers.

Charles2222

Cochran

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/20 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fill tube below top of water level in tank or very close

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Fresh Water Tank Overflowing When Turning
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.