Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: A three cylinder Bronco.....a THREE cylinder Bronco???
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  General Topics

> A three cylinder Bronco.....a THREE cylinder Bronco???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is the Ford ecoboost line (ie: turbo version), so not exactly the same as the old geo metro.

It is funny to watch all the old guys with rose colored glasses going on about the old bronco. My brother had one and it wasn't long before he had a few tow straps for it. Not because it got stuck in rough conditions...but because they held the body together.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 07:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote: "It is the Ford ecoboost line (ie: turbo version), so not exactly the same as the old geo metro."

It IS exactly the same when it comes to number of cylinders. That was my point.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

It is funny to watch all the old guys with rose colored glasses going on about the old bronco. My brother had one and it wasn't long before he had a few tow straps for it. Not because it got stuck in rough conditions...but because they held the body together.
Too funny. I was going to have the same response. Years ago I remember asking my boss why he got rid of his Bronco. His response? Because the rust couldn’t hold my weight anymore.

I do find it funny that someone can claim something is a piece of junk when it not only isn’t being sold now, only reserved, and they haven’t even started production assembly. Must be clairvoyant! [emoticon][emoticon]

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh, and speaking of getting out of rough conditions, I wonder how that 3-banger will fare with a whopping 190 lb ft of torque? (almost identical to that of a new 4-cylinder Camry!!)

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Oh, and speaking of getting out of rough conditions, I wonder how that 3-banger will fare with a whopping 190 lb ft of torque? (almost identical to that of a new 4-cylinder Camry!!)
People planning on taking their Bronco Sport into "rough conditions" will be buying the Badlands or First Edition which are the only two models with the larger engine and the twin clutch rear.

Dave

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

Too funny. I was going to have the same response. Years ago I remember asking my boss why he got rid of his Bronco. His response? Because the rust couldn’t hold my weight anymore.

I do find it funny that someone can claim something is a piece of junk when it not only isn’t being sold now, only reserved, and they haven’t even started production assembly. Must be clairvoyant! [emoticon][emoticon]

Dave

Production is actually scheduled to start tomorrow (October 26) at a Ford plant in Mexico. Already on AutoTrader dealers are advertising a total of 234 Bronco Sport models, complete with VIN's.

As for the rust-bucket older Bronco's, is the reference to the big Bronco or the Bronco II? Just curious. Two totally different animals.

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

People planning on taking their Bronco Sport into "rough conditions" will be buying the Badlands or First Edition which are the only two models with the larger engine and the twin clutch rear.

Dave

I agree that they SHOULD be buying those, but with 4-wheel drive standard on even the base model, WILL they be buying those??

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was the original 2-door Bronco.

I’m not sure what they are selling on Autotrader. Per Ford, dealers get no inventory until reservations are filled. They are getting “mannequins” which I guess are what used to be called demo models. Those can be sold after they have 4000 miles on them. VINs and scheduled manufacturing week for reservations converted to orders just started being announced last week.

As far as will they buy the Badlands or FE? Not sure but I hope not so that I get mine sooner [emoticon].

Dave

Hikerdogs

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you actually driven one to experience the performance or lack of it? Earlier this year I was looking for something to replace a 2010 Ford Expedition. The only engine choice in the 2020 Expedition was a 3.5 liter V6. I couldn't believe it would have any power or torque compared to the 5.4 liter V8 in the 2010 model.

After a short drive I was amazed. The 3.5 has twin turbos and far out performs the older 5.4 in all around performance, acceleration, and fuel economy.

Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/20 09:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife has the Explorer V6 twin turbo and it really is a performer. Plus it gets 22+ mpg on the highway.

Dave

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Dinghy Towing  >  General Topics

> A three cylinder Bronco.....a THREE cylinder Bronco???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Dinghy Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.