Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Water heater question
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Water heater question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
RJsfishin

Winston Or.

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/20 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have never known a drippy PRV to cause any problem

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/20 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cavie wrote:

capacitor wrote:

I spoke too soon. The above solved the igniter issue but the original problem was water dripping from the pressure relief valve. I replaced it and the thermostat also. I put a 130 degree thermostat in and then the igniter issue happened. That is solved but now the relief valve drips and the water temp is 128 but it wont shut down. bad pressure relief valve even tho it is new? Thanks again, i'm stumped.

My old-timer RV tech told me they will do. 2 trailers have done it. only when running.

I am 65. I have been a RV Tech for 41 years. What qualifies as a Old-Timer???? THEY DO NOT DRIP IF THE SYSTEM IS FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY. Doug

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/20 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dougrainer wrote:

cavie wrote:

capacitor wrote:

I spoke too soon. The above solved the igniter issue but the original problem was water dripping from the pressure relief valve. I replaced it and the thermostat also. I put a 130 degree thermostat in and then the igniter issue happened. That is solved but now the relief valve drips and the water temp is 128 but it wont shut down. bad pressure relief valve even tho it is new? Thanks again, i'm stumped.

My old-timer RV tech told me they will do. 2 trailers have done it. only when running.

I am 65. I have been a RV Tech for 41 years. What qualifies as a Old-Timer???? THEY DO NOT DRIP IF THE SYSTEM IS FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY. Doug

^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said!^^^^^^^^^^^^

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Water heater question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.