cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tow vehicle

Land-yacht
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for oppinions , We have a Jayco Precept 35s gas and so far are quite happy with it . We are wanting to set up a tow vehicle and our choices are to buy a trailer for our 2019 Subaru Outback as it needs to have all wheels off the ground , or flat tow our 2020 Ram 1500 which can be flat towed . Any of your opinions would be appreciated . Both setups are going to very close to the suggested 5000 lb . The trailer cost will probably be around $2500 more than flat tow bar set up . Thanks for the input in advance
Land-Yacht
5 REPLIES 5

Land-yacht
Explorer
Explorer
I think we will probably try towing the Ram , and if I think it is too heavy I can still use the same tow set up on a smaller vehicle only have to change the mounting plates < I think
Land-Yacht

Land-yacht
Explorer
Explorer
actually the Ram weighs 5300 lbs
Land-Yacht

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flat towing is so much easier than towing a trailer and having to deal with it at the RV Park. Another solution would be to trade that nice Outback for something else you might like and flat tow it. Flat towing is simple. Deciding what to flat tow is hard. Best to you in your decision. Happy travels. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Your 2020 RAM 1500 weighs less than 5000 pounds?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bruce_Brown
The problem with a trailer is you have a third thing to park when you arrive. Flat towing doesn't have that issue.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910