cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide toppers

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a question for those of you who might have slide toppers. On our main slide we only have 2.5 inches between the slide out flange and the arm of the awning when deploying the awning. Am I going to be able to get a slide topper to work on this slide out? I really want to add the slide toppers as I don't enjoy climbing on the roof to sweep the slides off. Thanks in advance.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.
3 REPLIES 3

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
shadows4 wrote:
I have a question for those of you who might have slide toppers. On our main slide we only have 2.5 inches between the slide out flange and the arm of the awning when deploying the awning. Am I going to be able to get a slide topper to work on this slide out? I really want to add the slide toppers as I don't enjoy climbing on the roof to sweep the slides off. Thanks in advance.

I mounted a slide topper on my Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS and have maybe 3" of room between them. Just had to offset the topper.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

DBH_MI
Explorer
Explorer
You will be able to mount a slide topper on that slide, but it probably won't be perfectly centered and you will need to consider the overall length of the topper so that you don't run out of mounting adjustment at the end away from the awning arm. The fabric at the awning arm end will probably end up flush with the slide box or slightly inboard. If you are OK with those parameters, then, no problem.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
That sounds really tight. I'd have to measure mine, but I'm pretty sure they stick out more than 2.5 inches. Maybe not a whole lot more, but I think some.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"