cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found a unicorn

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
Have been looking for this configuration, not thinking I would find it sitting on a lot 8 miles from home! Just have to get those awful windows tinted after I pick it up on Monday.

Super crew cab
6.5' bed
3.5 EcoBoost
10 speed
3.73 gear
Heavy Duty payload package
Max trailer package
7850# gvwr
4800# rawr
2560# payload
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5”box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel
27 REPLIES 27

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
mooky stinks wrote:
Yes it came with the brake controller and the pro trailer backup sync

Did you get your new ride yet?

Yes, I picked it up Monday and I've gotten the clear windows tinted and the tonneau cover will be here Friday. I also ordered towing mirrors that should be here next week.
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
mooky stinks wrote:

Did you get your new ride yet?
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarabooBob wrote:
I am looking for one of those myself. My 2011 has pretty much the same configuration (6 speed not 10) but is currently has 205,000 miles on it. Some of the numbers may be different 10 years ago. I guess I will keep driving this one. I know that I do not need that much truck for my 3500 lb TT but I sometimes pull heavier stuff and like having the cushion.

Some good news for you is that it appears that Ford is making the max payload package much more available for 2021 models. Even throwing it in with certain other options. Hopefully we will see more on the lots.

Playing with the build and price worksheet for the Lariat trim I am finding the the max payload package (3.73 rear end) included with the max tow package when the 5.0 or hybrid engines are specified but not available with the standard 3.5 Ecoboost. We will have to see if this is still true as production increases.

One thing of interest is that Max Payload package seems to be available with the 5.5ft bed now.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does it come with trailer brake controller?

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! I'm sure it will serve you well.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am looking for one of those myself. My 2011 has pretty much the same configuration (6 speed not 10) but is currently has 205,000 miles on it. Some of the numbers may be different 10 years ago. I guess I will keep driving this one. I know that I do not need that much truck for my 3500 lb TT but I sometimes pull heavier stuff and like having the cushion.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
mooky stinks wrote:
MFL wrote:
Nice truck, should serve you well. I'm not sure what year they dropped the tow mirrors being standard with the max tow pkg, or why. The 7-lug vrs 6-lug, not that big of deal, and maybe a good thing overall. Does it have LT E-rated tires?

Happy towing,

Jerry

It does have LT tires but I'm not sure what load rating they are. I pick it up tomorrow and have to give it a look.

The trailer tow mirrors were ordered separately on my 2016 model and still are on the 2021.

It comes with C rated tires. They are working well for me and are rated to carry as much as the axle is.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Nice truck, should serve you well. I'm not sure what year they dropped the tow mirrors being standard with the max tow pkg, or why. The 7-lug vrs 6-lug, not that big of deal, and maybe a good thing overall. Does it have LT E-rated tires?

Happy towing,

Jerry

It does have LT tires but I'm not sure what load rating they are. I pick it up tomorrow and have to give it a look.
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
bucky wrote:
Because it can't tow much? JK Nice truck, always good to find what you want close by.

It is rated to pull 11,500lbs. I don't need the trailer tow mirrors with my trailers and frequently wish that I didn't have them. They really get in the way in parking lots and probably add a lot of drag on the highway.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Happy towing,

Jerry

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
mooky stinks wrote:
2112 wrote:
Do the newer Max Payload models have 6 lug wheels now? Earlier models had 7. Just curious

They come with 6. I believe they've been 6 for a while now.

They dropped back to 6 lugs with the aluminum body. Still has the same payload as the steel body trucks due to the lighter body. Personally, I think that they should have stayed with 7 lugs and the stronger axle.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
bikendan wrote:
mooky stinks wrote:
Have been looking for this configuration, not thinking I would find it sitting on a lot 8 miles from home! Just have to get those awful windows tinted after I pick it up on Monday.

Super crew cab
6.5' bed
3.5 EcoBoost
10 speed
3.73 gear
Heavy Duty payload package
Max trailer package
7850# gvwr
4800# rawr
2560# payload
\

Man, i wish i could find one!

An XL?

Yes. Really wanted an XLT but it had almost everything that I wanted. The windows are the biggest issue for me. Getting them tinted the day after I pick it up.
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
Do the newer Max Payload models have 6 lug wheels now? Earlier models had 7. Just curious

They come with 6. I believe they've been 6 for a while now.
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload