cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Xfinity Flex

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
I have Xfinity internet and they offer the Flex free now for streaming. Anyone have this? I have Firestick that I use all the time. Just want to see what differences the Flex has.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS
11 REPLIES 11

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
After playing with Flex a few days I hooked it up to my living room TV. I like the way it works better than the Fire Stick. It has Peacock Premium for no extra charge. It has commercials but they only last 30-60 seconds, not annoying at all. Dozens of apps for free movies, sports, news and TV. The remote is flawless and connects with my TV inputs better than my Fire Stick. Fire Stick wants to turn on my DVD player when I use voice.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
I hooked it up and it works similar to Fire Stick. Peacock Premium is available for no charge. Havenโ€™t done a whole look of fiddling with it. So far it better than having to pay for a Fire Stick on my garage TV.
One added comment, you have to have a direct shot to the box to get the remote buttons to work. But it is a voice activated also.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
i just chatted with an Xfinity rep and comfirmed that the Flex device is only compatible with Xfinity internet service. it will not work with any other broadband internet provider.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
I use smart tv wifi/ethernet
The Xfinity Flex is a set top box that connects to a TV with an HDMI cable. As far as I know there is no Smart TV app that will receive Flex programming.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I use smart tv wifi/ethernet
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
An after thought. If you don't have what's needed to connect to the Flex, Xfinity may furnish you a router or a different modem. They may even install it for you. Wouldn't hurt to check.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
Minneapolis, MN

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
I have one coming. For free Iโ€™ll give it a try. Have a 50โ€ garage tv Iโ€™ll use it on. I particularly want to try the Peacock premium.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
The Flex has both WiFi and ethernet connectivity. Since you don't have WiFi you will have to connect an ethernet cable from the Flex box to your cable modem. If your cable modem doesn't have an available ethernet port you will have to purchase a router.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
Minneapolis, MN

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
SO do I need wifi to use this? I do have Xfinity internet, but not their TV as I use Dish. I do not have a router or wifi.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a review of Flex:
https://www.cabletv.com/blog/xfinity-flex
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
Minneapolis, MN

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
looks like you need their set top box which is to be expected but likely canโ€™t use it on a different internet connection.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle