cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best market for RV components for sale?

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
If someone had a quality electrical component to an RV that was no longer needed, where is the best place to try to sell it? I wish this forum had a marketplace section to list for selling and buying. I had to switch out my {SNIP} for the {SNIP}. Ebay takes a pretty good hunk of commission, so I'd like to avoid it if possible. Any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist. I bought my current RV on Craigslist. Make sure you list your parts in a major market. IMO, they will sell faster.

Chum lee

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
cooldavidt wrote:
Craigslist

X2, has always worked for me in the past. Even sold my old Tundra on Craigslist
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

howardwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
Okay Craigslist it is.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Sold my entire stock of trailer parts on Craigslist to the first caller. He liked the idea that it was already assembled.
Yeah, give Craigslist a try.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Craig's list or Market Place on FB, they can come see and bring cash.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
I have a page full of parts on craigslist. its free too. It will be slow to sell, but you get local buyers who can pick it up, no shipping.
Scammers might go there, but I have sold dozens of items and never had a scammer show up, a few I suspected were scams from the start "I am interested in that thing you are selling", and I ignore those.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking to buy a few things and found that the Facebook Marketplace is a joke. Between the scams and useless people, not one item was purchased.

cooldavidt
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
I sold a few RV items on Facebook Marketplace.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Also there are brand specific Facebook groups that allow for sale items and the more general Facebook marketplace. And of course, many people use craigs list.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
There are many xxxxxx ( manufacturer name here)Forrest River, jayco etc. owner forums you can join the have a marketplace.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good question, I have some RV accessories leftover from the TT that I wish I could sell. Not only does flea bay take commissions you have to deal with shipping as well.