cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water pump replacement

andybren
Explorer
Explorer
i have a 2007 coachman pathfinder rv. The water pump stopped working. I have been told that one of the reasons why the pump stopped working is that the strainer is clogged. Does anyone know where, or if, there is a strainer on a 2007 coachman pathfinder? If so, where is it located? Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a strainer, it is usually located directly beside the pump at the incoming water connection. I have not seen it located anywhere at any distance from the pump. It's a small, clear, bulb looking unit. You can see the wire screen inside.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bruce_Brown
Does the pump make any noise, like its trying to work?
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

andybren
Explorer
Explorer
the pump will not run at all. I noticed a blown fuse, and replaced same, and although that made the indicator lite work again, the pump still will not run at all. Also, after I replaced the fuse, I turned the pump on, and it got warm to the touch after about 5 minutes.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
andybren wrote:
i have a 2007 coachman pathfinder rv. The water pump stopped working. I have been told that one of the reasons why the pump stopped working is that the strainer is clogged. Does anyone know where, or if, there is a strainer on a 2007 coachman pathfinder? If so, where is it located? Thanks

Need more info. Pump running but no water movement? Pump not running??? Working but just low volume?? Please explain.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
So by "stop working" do you mean it no longer is running, no power to it no pumping sound. Or do you mean its running but no water is coming out.

If the pump is not running at all check the inline fuse, it should be located somewhere inline close to the pump. Make sure all of your other 12v fuses are good.

If pump is running but no water coming out check the screen filter located on the pump. Its a screw on looking clear cap, unscrew and clean screen. Do you have water in the fresh water holding tank
Good Luck
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
It is on the pump itself. That is probably bogus so find the pump and give the switch on the end a "love" tap. It could be a stuck pressure switch.