cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

State Farm Insurance coverage for roof water damage

johndeerefarmer
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have State Farm and have had water damage did State Farm pay?
2020 Ford 350 6.7 PSD & 2017 F150 3.5 EB max tow
GD Reflection 29rs
18 REPLIES 18

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
If you can see a tear in the roof from a foreign object, like a tree limb, it may be covered. If it is leaking due to lack of maintenance at sealed seams, probably not.

I hit a tree branch last year, no water damage tho, & SF was very easy to work with & generous .
I doubt water damage from not fixing a leak would be something any insurance would pay on, strictly my opinion.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
OP, did you or did you not contact your agent prior to this post? Changes the whole flavor of the discussion.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
2005, Several years ago, 2009? May as well go down to the corner of Main and 1st St and ask your question to anyone who walks by lol.

Call your agent.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
In 2005, our TT roof leaked over winter -- due to ice I'm sure. Found out when I opened the door in spring, and stepped thru the floor where it rotted over winter. Trailer was 2 years old.

State Farm covered it -- roof fixed and new floor.

Side note: in the middle of it getting fixed, I walked around the lot and we found a trailer we liked the floor plan better. In an hour, we traded our old for the new ... dealer treated the old TT as if it was already repaired. Worked out well.

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
Several years ago I noticed storm damage to my motorhome roof when I looked out an upstairs window while parked at home. Took it to my dealer and they advised roof should be replaced, and I should contact my insurance company. Estimate was $6,000. One call to State Farm and they coordinated with the dealer. A couple weeks later SF cut the check for $6,000.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Back in 2009 had small branch spear through roof of brand new camper.....State farm covered it promptly.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
You are going to have to tie it to an incident and then you will have to show that you took reasonable action after the incident to limit the damage.

Otherwise, 99% chance they put it back on you that you caused it thru lack of maintenance. Even with an incident, good chance, they claim any rot was maintenance and not covered.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
On a previous trailer the entire side of the trailer de-laminated due to water damage from a seal leak on roof. State Farm paid without any hassle.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

pinesman
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak for State Farm but Farm Bureau covered mine.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Property insurance generally covers some event that caused damage.
Defects in workmanship, slow deterioration or poor maintenance.... not so much.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
theoldwizard1 wrote:
I would be very surprised if they did. Too easy to claim "poor maintenance".

most likely it was "poor maintenance".
bumpy

Jumping to conclusions. OP didn't say what type of water damage or how it occurred.

I don't see much point in asking here-call State Farm and ask. Your policy may differ from others. I don't understand why people just don't go to the source to get accurate information.

Maybe he DID contact State Farm and they declined the claim, and that's why he's asking. No need to 'jump to conclusions' here, right? :C
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Document carefully why there is roof damage. Lack of maintenance..nope.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
If you can see a tear in the roof from a foreign object, like a tree limb, it may be covered. If it is leaking due to lack of maintenance at sealed seams, probably not.

Precisely what I was told by my insurance company (not SF) when side delamination happened, and it was due to water intrusion from the roof. In my case, they sent an adjuster, and the dealer showed him the unknown tear from probably a branch. No argument, since it was due to hitting something. Unfortunately, the cost to repair was so much, they just totaled it.
Dealer said they see the problem a lot - but most of the time, the claim is denied since it was "lack of maintenance", and not due to striking something.
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500