cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HYBRID IN YELLOWSTONE?

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I could NOT find specific info on this. Are hybrid trailers allowed inside yellowstone campgrounds within the park? I figure unless we all sleep with cacon around our necks we are fine. What is the official rule? I could not find this online.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
10 REPLIES 10

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fishing Bridge is traditionally the only place that hard sides are required. The rules change all the time. Check with NPS.
You can get pretty cold in a hybrid in Yellowstone even in summer.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
Fishing Bridge the only full hookup campground in the park requires hard sided RV only. No tents or hybrids. Most of the other campgrounds allow tents/hybrids. Check the Yellowstone web site for your specific site.

This question has been asked many times, in the Hybrid forum. I posted twice, about this, in the thread that NatParkJunkie posted.
Fishing Bridge is the ONLY Yellowstone campground with a permanent ban on soft-sided trailers. BUT if you "turtle", you can stay in Fishing Bridge, just like any other TT.
We stayed at Madison, Grant and Canyon in our hybrid, when we spent 10 days in YNP.
The odd thing is that Bridge Bay allows hybrids and it's quite close to Fishing Bridge.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I camped in a TENT as a kid and lived to tell the tale. We certainly did not pay the fees at Fishing Bridge.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Read through this information. Soft sided at Fishing Bridge are not allowed because of bears.

Yellowstone camping

LOL.....so says the vendor.

Actually the low class hybrid, popup, or tent is not allowed at Fishing Bridge where it could mix with the high class RVs. Last I checked bears can travel many miles and know how to cross rivers and streams. Bridge Bay campground is literally right down the road from Fisbing Bridge and allows hybrids. Perhaps the bears ha e been taught to stay away or to read signs.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
You are better than I am at searching the answers. Much apreciated
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Read through this information. Soft sided at Fishing Bridge are not allowed because of bears.

Yellowstone camping

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yellowstone National Park website covers this issue.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Fishing Bridge the only full hookup campground in the park requires hard sided RV only. No tents or hybrids. Most of the other campgrounds allow tents/hybrids. Check the Yellowstone web site for your specific site.

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
or check out this thread.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24211301/

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
what's a hybrid camper. soft sided?

Sometimes Glacier national park has restrictions on hard sided campers only due to bear activity. But I haven't seen that happen very frequently in Yellowstone. There's tent campers in all the campgrounds there. You might have to remove anything with smells from your camper and put in your car or bear boxes there.
https://www.nps.gov/glac/learn/news/18-24.htm