Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Seeking advice on new TC purchase
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Seeking advice on new TC purchase

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Mojave Red

Burke, VA

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/20 08:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have questions about TC dealers and what I should offer on a new TC. My wife and I are pretty much decided on the 2021 Northern Lite 10-2 Limited Edition with the new dry bath. I’m currently shopping on-line at Truck Camper Warehouse in NH, D&H in NC, Parkview RV in DE, and Mike Jones RV on OH. I’m in N. VA so all these dealers are a bit of a drive. No sales tax in NH or DE, and I’m not subject to sales tax in OH. Not sure about NC. It looks like the listed prices for this model range from about $52,000 to $56,000. I could save if I went with a ’20 model but my wife loves the new dry bath design. I plan to do all my negotiating before driving out to take delivery. Mike Jones has three 2021 10-2 dry baths inbound.

Anyway, what’s a reasonable (how much below asking) n ? Also, does anyone have experience with the dealers above?

Thanks - Brian

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/20 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

52k for a truck camper? I,d be looking at motorhomes.

[email protected]

Vermont

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/20 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had good luck at Truck Camper warehouse. They treated us fairly and we paid a little below MSRP on our Northstar. They also have more inventory than many other dealers around and Bill and Ryan know their business.

Pricewise, for new campers you are going to pay $40k up. I loved the look and fit and finish on the Northern Lites but thy were $10k+ more than the $40 I paid for my Igloo 9.5 with all the tie downs and truck suspension work TCW included as part of the price.

Because there are so few TC manufacturers of quality, and because demand lately has been pretty strong, I suspect you will be able to get some discount but don't expect to get 25% off. Just my opinion.

Shawn
2013 Ford F350 6.7 CCLB Ruby Red SRW, sway bar, Bilsteins, etc
2007 Cyclone toyhauler, 18,000 GVWR
Northstar Igloo 9.5
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-2J3zF6J/0/M/i-2J3zF6J-M.jpg
US Army retired

Lwiddis

South of Lone Pine, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/20 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Certainly be concerned if your state will tax you on this purchase but if you consider buying out of your state forget about taxes and get a complete OUT THE DOOR price. Make that very clear to the dealer. NO ups, no extras.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/20 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Certainly be concerned if your state will tax you on this purchase ......

I had no issue with this. In fact I picked out a camper on Long Island. It was shipped to NH and I traveled there to make the purchase without sales tax. The cost of shipping was way less than the almost 9% sales tax.

Don't try this with a motor vehicle. Many States have a system to tax these when you go to register a recently purchased out of State vehicle. With rare exceptions, a camper is not a vehicle and is not registered.

mellow

Salisbury, MD

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/20 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting, Parkview extended their TC lineup, I got my Lance from them. They were OK, the sales staff was nice but the service department I expected better from them being a Lance dealer. I am guessing whoever you get it from you are not factoring in Service since you live so far away from them?

2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

Lwiddis

South of Lone Pine, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/20 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That wasn't my point, Jim. Your state's tax, if any, is you and your state's business. Out the door price for an out of state purchase eliminates surprises.

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/20 12:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Take the Mfg. suggested list price, less freight and prep and start negotiating. I would expect a 20%+ discount.

billtex

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/20 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were at TC Warehouse last week to stop by and say hello to Bill and Ryan as we hadn’t seen them in a while.
Coincidence; while we were that we met a young man from Northern VA with a NL that he had purchased from Bill.

I will say this-TCW is the place for TC’s on the East Coast. Bill’s lot was full-however he did say that almost all were sold. So better act now to get one on order!

Bill has always treated us fairly and it is worth a visit to speak with him. If you are ordering from the factory, don’t know what you could expect to pay.

Bill and Ryan are great, they know TC’s. It’s in their blood, they will treat you well and from what we have seen always take care of their Customers.

Have fun,
Bill

2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

bwlyon

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/20 04:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ha, a bit of a drive! I live in the Kansas City Area and drove over a 1000 miles out to TCW in NH to purchase a truck camper. Found a used Ascent 85RS they had in stock. No regrets, the guys there were very good to us. If I’m in the market for an upgrade they would be my first call! Consider the drive an adventure. Now as for the northern lites they are very nicely crafted campers, but are one of the most expensive as well. If you don’t mind spending the money get what you want, but do take the time to drive up and TCW and look at all the brands they carry just to make sure you really want to lay down the money.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Seeking advice on new TC purchase
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.