cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Extended warranty

RRTom
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have decided an extended warranty is right for us. We have done (and continue to do) research. So please don't turn this into a discussion about whether an extended warranty is worth it or not.

Has anyone had a warranty with Wholesale Warranties? If so, how has your experience been, particularly when getting repairs under the warranty. Also, the same question for Good Sam's extended warranty.
2020 Georgetown GT 31LS
19 REPLIES 19

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
when I bought mine it was one that if you dont use it you get the money back. this allowed me to make minor repairs myself after the factory warent ran off but still had the backing if it needed somthing big. it didnt so I believe I can get my money back next month.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Some of you never miss a chance to argue. Op asked about Wholesale warranties. Not opinions on whether they should get a warranty at all. 2 pages of chest puffing.

I agree regarding what the OP asked for. Refer back to my post of 10/30/20 07:32am
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Some of you never miss a chance to argue. Op asked about Wholesale warranties. Not opinions on whether they should get a warranty at all. 2 pages of chest puffing.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Edd505 wrote:
I'm against buying extended warranties. How much is that going to cost? Put that money aside for IF you need it and collect the interest, buying it is betting somethings going to break. Most everything that can break can be bought for $1000 +/- plus labor. Buying new warranty should have everything fixed before it runs out. If you are a DYI type you'll save a lot more.

OP wasn't soliciting opinions on extended service contracts (yes, they're service contracts, not warranties -- warranties are only issued by the original vehicle manufacturer).

Also, with the line of thinking that you're "betting something's going to break" the same could be said for any kind of insurance we 'gamble' with -- homeowners, auto, life, health, etc. Honestly, don't we buy these coverages hoping we're never going to have to use them -- I sure do!

Your an A1 realtor? You know unless you pay cash the bank requires insurance, just like the law for driving, what he is taking about is purely optional and BS for the price. Just look p some of the horror stories I bough the insurance and it didn't cover, I could not find a dealer that would take, etc etc etc. I can bank the 3K and hire a mobile RV repair to fix dang near anything for $1500 & I save half. Your jobs sales mines keeping my $$ in my account. I believe if hes considering the insurance he's buying new so will have warranty for 1-2 years depending on manufacture. He can hope he never has to use it as we al know those horror stories, my RV has been at the dealer for x months and I'm still waiting. His question tells my he's new to this and IF you have any experience you should be well aware of the horror stories in most every brand except maybe SpaceCraft.

Regarding your question "Your (you're) an A1 realtor?" --- if you'll look closer, it says "A1A" and not A1, which refers to the road my original office was on. A1A runs along the Atlantic coast of Florida.

As for insurance, yes, some is mandatory, but only at minimum limits. Most people don't carry minimum limits, so they're essentially gambling that something IS going to happen requiring higher limits of liability.

You called the OP's intended purchase "BS for the price" however I don't recall where he ever mentioned the price(?), and frankly, the horror stories you talk about can be linked to ANY kind of insurance, and not just RV extended service contracts.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Edd505 wrote:
I'm against buying extended warranties. How much is that going to cost? Put that money aside for IF you need it and collect the interest, buying it is betting somethings going to break. Most everything that can break can be bought for $1000 +/- plus labor. Buying new warranty should have everything fixed before it runs out. If you are a DYI type you'll save a lot more.

Please tell me how to collect any useable interest on chump change set aside for immediate use if needed.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
Edd505 wrote:

OP wasn't soliciting opinions on extended service contracts (yes, they're service contracts, not warranties -- warranties are only issued by the original vehicle manufacturer).

Also, with the line of thinking that you're "betting something's going to break" the same could be said for any kind of insurance we 'gamble' with -- homeowners, auto, life, health, etc. Honestly, don't we buy these coverages hoping we're never going to have to use them -- I sure do!

Your an A1 realtor? You know unless you pay cash the bank requires insurance, just like the law for driving, what he is taking about is purely optional and BS for the price. Just look p some of the horror stories I bough the insurance and it didn't cover, I could not find a dealer that would take, etc etc etc. I can bank the 3K and hire a mobile RV repair to fix dang near anything for $1500 & I save half. Your jobs sales mines keeping my $$ in my account. I believe if hes considering the insurance he's buying new so will have warranty for 1-2 years depending on manufacture. He can hope he never has to use it as we al know those horror stories, my RV has been at the dealer for x months and I'm still waiting. His question tells my he's new to this and IF you have any experience you should be well aware of the horror stories in most every brand except maybe SpaceCraft.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Michelle.S wrote:
Some you're not given a choice, like Auto, Home, even health now or pay the Gov

I somewhat agree, but consider this -- Do you carry absolute bare minimums of coverage only to meet the legal requirements? Probably not, and if not, you are making the conscious decision that "something's going to break" or "something's going to go wrong" and you're setting and paying for limits to cover your 'gamble' ...... am I right?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
No.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Once you've narrowed down your choices, I think you'd be well served calling your favorite local RV service center, plus some random RV service centers (ideally on routes to/from/at areas you visit), to find out if they accept that particular company/plan. Just as important is any input they may have about the quality of service/coverage provided. Their feedback would carry a lot more weight with me than any anecdotal online inputs.

Also, pick a well-known, reputable company that's been in business a number of years. Many new extended warranty companies promise the sun and the moon, collect money from several hundred/thousand customers, then declare bankruptcy.

FYI, very few (if any) extended warranty plans cover the frame, structural issues, and/or water leaks (neither the leak itself or the resulting damage). These are the most catastrophic in terms of repair costs, which is why they're rarely, if ever, covered.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some you're not given a choice, like Auto, Home, even health now or pay the Gov
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Campforever
Explorer
Explorer
Live 45 minutes from Camping World and paid for the 6 year warranty when purchasing the unit, boy was it expensive. Now, 6 years later and the warranty has more than paid for itself by several hundred dollars.
They even came to my camper when a hydraulic hose leaked to the point nothing worked.
Randy, Retired and Loving it...
Chevy Dually 3500 Duramax 2015
3910 Montana (2015) Three Slides

5 slides

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œSo please don't turn this into a discussion about...โ€

Ah, nuts!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad