Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Snowbird Refunds
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snowbird Refunds

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
dblr

Newark De

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/20 04:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would they let you rent it out seeing you may not be able to go down? Maybe if they could re-rent it for you they might refund your money, just a thought.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 04:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's why I like owning our rv lot!

Never have to worry if we don't get there

Guy

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I were you I would have called and asked by now,,,,

alfredmay

West Milford, NJ / Donna, TX

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Texas RV Park will apply 100% of any deposit to next year as long as the reservation is changed 30 prior to expected arrival for this season. The policy is not advertised and the changed must be made by phone

Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

Motor City Swagman

Detroit, Michigan/Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/20 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would certainly ask and if they say no refunds try applying the money to the next year. I am sure they have had many calls regarding this already and probably worked something out.

Motor City Swagman 2000 Bounder 36S
Ford V-10, Banks Power Pack w/ TC,
BrakeBuddy,Davis Tru Trac,Safe T Plus,Aventa II & Xplorer Sport Trac
">

netjam

Canadian on the road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/20 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a bunch of 30 day stays booked for 2020/2021 and have been cancelling as the border will not allow me to cross from Canada with my rv. Got one full refund but most keep some of my money. The amount varies from one day charge withheld to one who kept $400.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

What's stopping you from making the trip? Will Canada still be closed next May? My bad, I thought you were talking 2021. Disregard.

I think it is entirely possible that the border may remain closed for much of 2021, including May.

It might open if there is an effective vaccine -- but in Canada 37 million doses will take a LONG time to administer.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/01/20 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One constant will likely be that time is of the essence. The sooner you notify the park (giving them time to attempt to secure another renter) the more likely it will be that they will make accommodations. It is also possible you might lose some priority benefits such as getting a personal favorite site each year. Renters who do travel this year will want the best sites and your site would now be available for them to choose. They may very well have first dibs on that site in subsequent years.
I could also see parks having different policies based on where you are coming from. Since Canadians cannot cross the border with their RVs at this time the park may offer special consideration for them over someone from Michigan who just doesn't want to travel. The Canadians in this scenario have no choice, the Michigan resident is making a choice which is a big difference. To me, the Michigan resident choosing not to travel because of COVID is not much different than them choosing not to travel because the long range forecast is for a rainy winter in Florida or because the price of gas has risen 50 cents. Personally, I would have a very liberal policy on deposits for the Canadians and adhere to my standard refund policies for US residents.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

obgraham wrote:

If my experience with travel reservations is any guide, most places will refund you sometime, and a few will tell you "tough luck, pal". No doubt the latter will complain in the future that people aren't loyal to them.

And those that hand out full refunds may not be around next year at all. This is not the big bad rich campground owner kind of situation this year.

We picked up a seasonal site this past summer in Michigan when moving around was a hassle and there are quite a few Canadians who normally have sites there. The park charges 2 fees...membership and for permanent campsite (If you just buy the membership, you don't pay for a site but you have to move sites at least weekly). The owner allowed the Canadians to use the membership they already paid for in 2021.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/09/20 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got taken for a $200.00 deposit by a park in Edinburg TX. when I found I had to have surgery for cancer. Let them know on plenty of time. No concessions of any kind. I'm doing fine now, needless to say I'll never go back there.

B.O.

Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snowbird Refunds
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.