Explorer II
Explorer II
Dtank wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
No....not gonna do it!

Oh wait...we don't play that silly game in AZ

๐Ÿ™‚
Yes - AZ has got it right!

(For those that prefer Daylight Savings Time - one way or the other would be just fine! - NO spring forward, fall back!)

Change by half hour, and leave it alone

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
4:30 today too dark to read, I though five more minutes i will need a flashlight.
The sun was over the mountains but not on the horizon though. December 22 it will be past dark at 4:00 central here.
More I think about it, establishing time in our country with High noon at 12:00 makes the most sense. Or at least makes as more sense than shifting time an hour in March and November.No worries about Train travelers. Truck Drivers don't reference the clock either it seems. About 3:00 pm many's day begins as the trucks are filled as the warehouse or factory day ends.
Why not: Today's electronics and nuclear clock or gps satellites adjust the clocks by signals.
My Native American Ancestors got up when the sun came up, or animals started moving if they were hunting. As the deer here do, that are not hunted it is generally sunup.
Why wreck our bodies and minds living by a Wall street mechanical clock not nature's clock.
If they set high noon as 12:00clock time in Nashville or close,as the state is about 450 miles extreme upper east Tn to southwest t the Arkansas border, that would be roughly 225 miles to the border in each direction. As time changes about 1 minute every 13 miles. High noon would only be off actual sun time about 17 minutes.
i think Tennesseans would agree to that.

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
No....not gonna do it!

๐Ÿ™‚
Yes - AZ has got it right!

(For those that prefer Daylight Savings Time - one way or the other would be just fine! - NO spring forward, fall back!)

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
^^^^^That is a great idea, thanks!!

Jerry

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Not mentioned is Hawaii, the other state that doesn't change time.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
What! today too?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dedmiston
ppine wrote:
I used to work on the Navajo Res in Arizona. The Navajo Nation recognizes Daylight Savings Time but the rest of the state doesn't. It was very confusing making calls to other time zones.

Booking a jeep tour at Canyon de Chelly was always an adventure.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to work on the Navajo Res in Arizona. The Navajo Nation recognizes Daylight Savings Time but the rest of the state doesn't. It was very confusing making calls to other time zones.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why would I reset them now ?? They are just starting to read the correct time. Next spring they will all be off by a hour again. ๐Ÿ˜›

Actually, I'm lying... They read the correct time all summer and they are a hour off all winter.

On the farm, these days, we don't have a lot to do in the winter so I don't care what time it is. It used to be a lot different in the old days but, we are getting old so in the winter I stay home a lot and hibernate like a bear. Some snow storms I don't even bother to clean out the driveway. Would be nice if I could go south but, we still have some livestock to take care of and it is to expensive to go. Not sure where I would go anyway. If I believe everything I see on the internet the south is all crime, alligators, hurricanes, and red necks.

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
I feel sorry for the caretakers at the Stonehenge monument in England. Having to move all those giant stones one position.

Also take pity on the pharmacy workers, that have to reset all the millions of tiny time release pills...
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
I had all the in-house clocks set back last night before I went to bed, except for my bedside clock; it is supposed to be automatic. It didn't work. So, I have to turn the DST switch to OFF, then set the time back!
Then, this morning, I checked my watch against the NIST time online, and set it for the best accuracy. I even reset the digital clock used for UTC (GMT for us oldsters). It had wandered about 5 minutes over the last year! Wonderful modern electronics...
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
No....not gonna do it!

Wish we didn't here either.:M
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
No....not gonna do it!

Wise state, Arizona. In Florida, our senators are trying to introduce federal legislation allowing Florida to be on Savings Time year round. Which would essentially put Florida on Atlantic Standard Time. To what end or benefit, I have no idea. If anything, ditch DST nationwide.....forever.