cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shocks F 250 Ranchos or Bilstiens?

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
TV = 2015 F 250 CC short bed 4x4. We tow a 37' Heritage Glen FW. Noticed that the OEM shocks are getting worn and want to replace all 4. I am tending towards the Ranchos as they are adjustable. Reason this is YL's every day car. So when not towing need to soften the ride. Also will swap out steering stabilizer while im at it. Any experience is appreciated.
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker
8 REPLIES 8

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Bilsteins are a higher quality shock IMO. They typically outlast the TV.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting.Yes Chevy Ford Dodge question that's why I put it out. I do keep the 20" Coopers at 80lbs but could lower them down to 60 to soften the ride up. Ill wait for more responses however thus far seems to be Bilsteins. I know that a lot of truck campers like those as well.

Keep your experiences coming

Im a Ham as well k2bkr usually on in the early hours 3895 3906ish

73s
Happy Trails
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
i am looking at the same thing, my factory shocks are starting to go. most of the reading I have done on the super duty forums and a few camping forums are overwhelmingly going towards Bilsteins so thats what I am ordering. I had the ranchos on my 99 f250 SD and they were worse that munro gasomatics....

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Kind'a like a Ford or chevy question.
We keep Rancho 9000 on our work trucks. Good quality shock and we get more service life out of them.
Bilsteins are another good shock but don't seem to go as many duty cycles hauling heavy.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the Ford shocks with Ranchos. 25000 miles and they were shot. Rancho quality has gone to pot. I put on KYB shocks and over 50,000 miles on them and they are fine.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bilstens.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
My '06 came new with Ranchos and I never liked their ride. I replaced them with Bilsteins and also the stabilizer and it handles much better. When not towing I lower tire pressure for a good ride.

md_procouple
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer the Bilsteans and the Ranchos as a second choice... and of course the cost is a factor as well. I've had both brands with no issues, other than normal wear. Good Luck and Happy Camping
Vickie, Me, and "Scruffy" our dog make THREE
:W