cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you value your RV?

camilllit
Explorer
Explorer
Other than NADA, how do you place a value on an RV?
17 REPLIES 17

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of good info on camperreport.com.
According to them,
You loose 21% first year, 22% second year, 26.7% third year.
Sorry but there is no such thing as better than new.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look up other rigs that are similar for sale. It is pretty easy now.

I like to pay cash and buy used RVs that hold their value. That means at least about 5 years old but less than 10.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
A bank is going to loan what nada (or whatever source they use) says it is worth based on model and year. Whether used one time or 100 times doesn't matter. But if you can find a buyer with enough money in hand to buy it outright or enough for a down payment to get the loan amount down to an acceptable level for the bank, then you MIGHT be able to get a little more than nada. But don't count on a lot.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nada is good for ballpark figure, if you add any options results are way above market price. Current market prices vary greatly from NADA at times, a quick search of your rig yielded prices from $49K to $64K, the vast majority of the available units were in the mid fifties. Doesn't hurt to try a little on the high side initially to see if you get any hits, might get lucky. Good luck, hope your unit sells quickly.

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
No matter what logic you use, the unit is still USED and as far as any banks are concerned, the loan value is based on used.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is worth what a buyer is willing to actually pay for it. That is the hard truth.

Expensive upgrades mean very little to most buyers. For example my upgrade money went into important stuff. I upgraded springs from a 6 pack to a 7 pack. The spring hanger areas were massively re engineered to make the whole running gear far stronger than the stock frame. Do I expect any return on the $3000 plus upgrades? No, but I have had years of peace of mind. The cheap & nasty converter came out & a programable multi stage charger went in, along with a 1500W pure sinewave inverter. Unseen big bucks upgrades that the average buy will know little to nothing about never mind appreciate what has been done in an offering price.

What makes a difference? Make sure it is super clean, right down to the tire sidewalls. Make sure the inside is clean too & smelling nice. Set it up like you see in the fake brochures, with flowers etc. on the table.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Since most RVs are financed, your buyer won't be able to get a loan for an amount higher than NADA book price.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
your going to take a big hit, but thats life hope things are better, and you sell it fast.watch for scams.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
You used unit is better than new because new ones are stored outside? Where was yours stored before you bought it?
And the time for warranty is gone?

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist and RV Trader can be good guidelines, but remember, you are seeing what sellers are ASKING for their RV's, and not what their RV's actually SELL for, if they sell at all.

Your best bet is to 'find the market' ---- To do this, begin by pricing your RV at what you feel is a realistic price. If after a week or 10 days you get little or no response, LOWER the price. Let it run another week or so, but be ready to systematically continue to lower the price until you find the sweet spot, at which time it will sell.

Best of luck to you, but has already been mentioned, you're not entering into the best selling season.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
It's only worth what someone if willing to pay for it. If I can go down the road and get the same one cheaper than yours guess which one I'm going to buy.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
I start with NADA, which is always way too high.

Then, I look at craigslist, and RV Trader to see what they are selling for in my state -- or tri-state area.

I try to find only private sellers -- but if you can only find RV dealers, I'd go at least 10% below them to start.

Be it car, truck, RV, I try to price on the low side to get it gone...If I've gone to the trouble to list it, I want it gone. You never make $$$ on stuff like that, you recoup.

Good luck.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would price it 10% lower than I paid and see what happens. Amount paid means no registration or sales tax or any extras.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't matter what I think the value is of my RV. The value is whatever someone will give me for it.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE