cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eternabond tape + Henry's 887 tropi-cool

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
In my prior posting I discussed my plans to recoat my 5th wheel roof. Thanks for all your comments.

I have decided to use Henry's 887 tropi-cool. My plan now is to also use Henry's 885 to cover the seams combined with Eternabond tape.

My question is should I put down the tape 1st and then cover it with the 885 which I will then cover with 887 or put down the 885 and covered this with the with the tape which I then will cover with the 887. In other words should the tape be in the middle or directly on the roof covered by Henry's coating.

Links:885

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
3 REPLIES 3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m a โ€œtape first, then coatโ€ guy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would tape first then coat.
That way the coating also seals the edges of the tape.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I always apply the E/bond before coating the roof. I don't know if it really matters, I just think it makes more sense.