cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flashing light in fuse box

Campforever
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Montana fifth wheel. Happen to replace the battery today and noticed the green light in the fuse box was flashing. Tried to find the answer on line and was not successful.

Camping world was working on my camper and they had it long enough for the battery to totally discharge. They had to jump it off so I could hook it up. The service person hooked it up backwards and the camper started lowering. After we spoke loudly he responded and disconnected the battery. So battery would not charge, it was under warranty so got a new one and installed it today.

Is the flashing green light normal, or is it telling me something.

THANKS YALL LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR WISDOM!
Randy, Retired and Loving it...
Chevy Dually 3500 Duramax 2015
3910 Montana (2015) Three Slides

5 slides
8 REPLIES 8

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
You guys DO realize this thread is 3 years old, don't you?
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
From what someone posted it may be normal. And that blink pattern for a green light... Sounds like the Progresive Dynamics Charge Wizard indicator light.. If you you have one of the top of the line converters. Don't get better than the Charge Wizard.. couple as good.. none better.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

lulafay
Explorer
Explorer
I'd recommend having a certified RV technician inspect the electrical system and track down the cause. Flashing lights on the fuse panel generally mean something is not right. Once identified, the issue can then be properly repaired.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
See if this answers your question: Montana

From Forest River:
Light โ€œONโ€ all of the time โ€“ Indicates the unit is in the BOOST MODE and the converter output voltage is 14.4-volts and is in the process of recharging the battery up to 90% of full charge as fast as possible. This mode is usually automatically selected after dry camping

Light Blinks Rapidly (from once to many times a second) โ€“ Indicates the unit is in the NORMAL MODE and the converter output voltage is 13.6-volts. In this mode, the converter is safely completing the charge of the RV battery.

Light Blinks Slowly (every 6-8 seconds) โ€“ Indicates the unit is in the Storage Mode and the converter output voltage has been lowered to 13.2-volts. In this mode the RV battery is fully charged and the converter is maintaining the charge, without causing gassing or water loss.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Your question is pretty generic. But if you have future Montana specific questions go over and try the Montana Owners Club (MOC) forum.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
If 'Tech' hooked battery up backwards then Reverse Polarity Fuses on Converter BLEW

Which means DC Fuses are NOT being powered by converter OR battery

Reverse Polarity Fuses....should be 2 and could be 30A or 40A

Post Brand/Model of AC Panel and converter
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Two days flipping equals RV battery tech. Not one.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
a burger flipper on oct 31st and a CW mechanic on nov 1st